The Programmer Gift Guide 2018

Graybush

Respectable
Feb 13, 2017
aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS81L1cvODA3NjIwL29yaWdpbmFsL1Byb2dyYW1tZXIucG5n

Programmers rely on logic and a core set of tools for their work. They are more interested in the bounce of their keyboard keys than any flashy gizmo. Minimally designed with a focus on utility, these gifts will get the programmer in your life plugged in, connected and focused at the task at hand.

n9V8SaI.jpg

Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Professional Monitor Headphones - 149.99
With their massive drivers and soft ear cups, the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x headphones create the ideal programming environment. Tune in, drop out and code away.

D4DsfeL.jpg

Das Keyboard 4 Professional Keyboard - 149.99
This is a high-performance, high-quality keyboard for the most important tool a programmer ever touches. The Das Keyboard line of professional keyboards offers such a rewarding typing experience, it's no wonder it's a favorite in the high-tech world. This latest model includes lots of bells and whistles, such as an instant sleep button and a volume dial.

qeiodZc.jpg

The Miracle TimeCube Timer - 15.99
For a hyper-focus programmer, it can be difficult to actively make time for lunch or even just to stretch. This adorable cube timer will help form new, health-first habits for even the most hyper-focused programmer.

dlNblyJ.jpg

Web Design with HTML, CSS, JavaScript and jQuery Set - 32.99
This two-book set covers HTML & CSS: Designing and Building Web Sites. Along with JavaScript & jQuery: Interactive Front-End Development. Together these two books create a great platform for anyone who wants to master HTML and CSS and step up develop in JavaScript and jQuery.

2HalToM.jpg

Ergonomic Mesh Back Support - 19.99
If the programmer in your life is prone to have long coding sessions while sitting, a back support is a great gift! Allow them in indulge in coding, without putting their health at risk.

Do you have gift ideas? Let us know in the thread! We want to hear any and all ideas you have to give the Programmer in your life. If you're an enthusiast yourself, share your wish list with us!

Lutfij

Titan
I prefer working with a TKL design and layout and I tend to have macro's programmed one way or the other via the use of third party apps. The WhiteFox keyboard
WhiteFox-in-Case-min.png

is my recommendation to the programmer in my circle. Switch type is all based on personal preference so I'd leave that up to the person to dictate which switch to gun for. If I'm buying the keyboard for them...em, I'd try and find what sort of switches they prefer :D

Here is another keyboard suggestion
Kira-Kickstarter-Rev2.png

if you thought the Whitefox might have limitations in it's design/RGB-ness.

If the person you're eyeing to buy a gift for already has their keyboard of choice but wants to add a splash of color to their pride and joy, you can buy them a keycap set, courtesy of Pimpmykeyboard. Depending on the stem of your keyboard you have limitless opportunities...well, the wallet would be the limiter here :p