News The RX 6500 XT Is the Rarest Card You Can Buy From Scalpers

May 21, 2021
Moore’s Law is Dead investigated the 6500xt shortage and found it was due to shipping not manufacturing supply, in a few weeks the market should be flooded with this card.

Reactions: VforV

InvalidError

Titan
Moore’s Law is Dead investigated the 6500xt shortage and found it was due to shipping not manufacturing supply, in a few weeks the market should be flooded with this card.
Shipping is still a mess. Standard delays for sea freight are around three months, so we're three months away from seeing the new GPUs in somewhat regular stock assuming they are really being manufactured in significant volume.

May 21, 2021
No. It's been an issue for a while . . and, to a lesser extent, with some news articles, two comments threads would start up for one instead of a single thread.
I still love the forums, but I gotta say, the comments at the end of the news or review articles were the most entertaining part of Tom’s hardware’s main site. Bring back the comments! So I don’t have to deep search the forums to find the respective forum news topic.

P.S. I’m not saying you do it KingV haha, I know that’s not your job. Keep up the good work!

Olle P

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
Another reason scalpers don't sell many cards is the low profitability.
When you can buy a card in store at MSRP scalpers have nothing to gain...