The Sky OC Is Falling: Asrock Removes Feature With BIOS Update

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lyricyst2000

Reputable
Dec 17, 2015
What you are saying is a "feature", I am calling a unapproved exploit of Intel's change in architecture on Skylake by the mobo makers. Large increases in BCLK I consider to be very dangerous as none of the parts of the CPU that are now getting o/ced are monitored for heat or protected from corruption of the data. Losing Windows due to a corrupt write to the SSD or hard drive or frying the CPU is very possible. Back to the old wild west days of frying chips and bare metal installs due to a bad o/c. I am glad Intel put a stop to this.

Thank god we have this responsible peasant to tell us how to spend our money.

koffeeshop77

Reputable
Jun 9, 2015

lol i did i already sent a well worded and polite letter to intel. First day i heard of it sent My ASrock back cause it was still full of bugs bios slow, along with the cpu. it is their lose every "+"version they brought out has connectivity problems and with now more bios updates(was supposed to fix that) i am not taking a 1800 mhz loose because they want to be greedy and when it says 3.1 front panel by god that thing better work. i am not about to wait for them to get sued by intel and fold when it is still advertised on newegg,take my OC away, and then fix the problem that should have work to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.