The T91GO is the Eee PC Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

maaksel

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
personally no use for a tablet... however, I can see how this might have a chance in the market. I work in the IT field and Nurses through Teachers might find this beneficial in the workplace or classroom. However, after recently upgrading a local Hospital to Fujitsu tablets... they found out the hard way it's not as cheap as they thought. 'having to have' monitors (32" LCD Vizio TV's) in the rooms so they can show patients.

It was their part in going green though and having everything electronic - from the patient signing the forms to having all the charts. If this option was available 3 months ago (6 months at the project starT) I think it might have been very tempting for them.

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
I'm always looking for a cheap tablet with pressure sensitivity for applications like Photoshop and Zbrush. If this thing can run those apps without too much trouble I'm in... still the resolution is small and now there are good tablets for less than 1k anyways.

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
I've been tracking the blogs on this one, as I am a tablet PC user.

From what I heard, the cost will be about $550 without the extra stuff (3G and TV tuner). It runs its own apps on top of XP, and it should have a 4-5 hour battery life. The bad news, the last demo had an internal battery.

Doubt it will be pressure sensitive for the price. Probably will have vectoring problems during inking like so many early tablet PCs - but for the size and weight, it might be a great alternative for the student. Keep scans of your textbooks, use the tablet note taking features (and/or type it in, depending on your courses), and carry only one small lightweight device in your bag. Even I find the TX2xxx series from HP to be a bit cumbersome (and noisy) at times.

Of course, what I am really waiting for is Plastic Logic's eReader with markup capabilities - too bad they're talking 2010 for release instead of this year. *sigh*

ahslan

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2007
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE TABLETS! My girlfriend got one at the beginning of college and since then, I have been obsessed with them. I initially didnt get one because tablets are usually really expensive, but I was able to buy a used Fujitsu T4010D on ebay for $220.I use mine for school so much (OneNote mainly). I really do think tablets should become the standard for college students, and having this cheap option might be able to sway students that are apprehensive about buying a tablet.

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
[citation][nom]maaksel[/nom]personally no use for a tablet... however, I can see how this might have a chance in the market. I work in the IT field and Nurses through Teachers might find this beneficial in the workplace or classroom. However, after recently upgrading a local Hospital to Fujitsu tablets... they found out the hard way it's not as cheap as they thought. 'having to have' monitors (32" LCD Vizio TV's) in the rooms so they can show patients. It was their part in going green though and having everything electronic - from the patient signing the forms to having all the charts. If this option was available 3 months ago (6 months at the project starT) I think it might have been very tempting for them.[/citation]

why the vizio lcd?
don't understand. i also work in IT in the health care sector and we have everything electronic, but i dont see the use for a lcd!!!..

the table pc is a must. and the dual MOnitor for PACS also.. maybe three monitor one hanging in the wall for showing RAD or SONO to the patient.. but don't understand the LCD. and here everything is electronic we verily use paper (well in the toilets) but that is must until we can develop the three clam shell.

mclancer

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Hum...
$400 Pocket PC (600mhz, 128mb 320x240)
or
this baby for around the same price,
more power, larger screen, more memory,
more storage, runs XP and apps...

When can I buy one !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.