Question The "W" key on my mechanical keyboard sometimes is unresponsive.

Jul 10, 2020
The "W" key sometimes is unresponsive. For example I had to press the key three times to write it in the previous sentence. Sometimes it works first time. I have a Cooler Master CK350 keyboard with Outemu Red switches. is there a way to fix this or should I just replace the key? If so could someone explain how that's done?

Yes it's most likely a bad key. To replace the switch you will probably have to unsolder the old one, so would mean taking off all the keycaps, taking apart the case, screwing out the PCB, taking out the PCB, flipping it over, using a solder tool to remove the solder and then solder in the new key. Or contact CM support and check their warranty.

BlazeBubble

Commendable
May 20, 2019
The "W" key sometimes is unresponsive. For example I had to press the key three times to write it in the previous sentence. Sometimes it works first time. I have a Cooler Master CK350 keyboard with Outemu Red switches. is there a way to fix this or should I just replace the key? If so could someone explain how that's done?

Have you managed to fix this? I'm having the exact same issue with the exact same keyboard model