[SOLVED] There is a mysterious file that starts up every time I boot my PC

Apr 22, 2020
There is this file called 4A7C4306-57E0-4C0C-83A9-78C1528F618C located under Context Menu Handlers in my registry editor which I saw runs on start up. I found this out from CCleaner. What is it? Should I disable/delete it?

Solution
Google says that it is known malware. It's a (registry)librarysearch I think. Feel free to kill it. Malware can be stubborn. Malwarebytes is one of the better free programs. If that doesn't get it and you have a couple bucks extra, Kaspersky is pretty good as well.
Apr 22, 2020
No what I mean was that I only saw that the file started up each time from the CCleaner app, not that the app itself was from CCleaner. I still have no clue what the file actually does or is or if it is harmful or not.

jwcrellin

Reputable
Google says that it is known malware. It's a (registry)librarysearch I think. Feel free to kill it. Malware can be stubborn. Malwarebytes is one of the better free programs. If that doesn't get it and you have a couple bucks extra, Kaspersky is pretty good as well.

Solution
Apr 22, 2020
Thanks for your reply. I just deleted the file and it didn't seem to do anything to my computer but I'm glad its gone.