there is a red light in my motherboard

Gamebanger

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013
Hello i recently purchased a Fatal1ty H87 Performance and when i was done installing it as i turned it on a steady red light popped out that's right next to BIOS_A_LED1 and i would like to if there is something wrong with my motherboard and if there is a way to fix it?

Solution
So to double check, the jumper has been inserted as listed in the manual thus in essence using BIOS_A or the primary BIOS.
Are you able to gain access to the BIOS itself and if so, could you reset to factory defaults and then power cycle?
If not then perform a CLR_CMOS by jumping the pins as listed in the manual:

"CLRCMOS1 allows you to clear the data in CMOS. To clear and reset the system
parameters to default setup, please turn off the computer and unplug the power
cord from the power supply. After waiting for 15 seconds, use a jumper cap to
short pin2 and pin3 on CLRCMOS1 for 5 seconds. However, please do not clear
the CMOS right after you update the BIOS. If you need to clear the CMOS when
you just finish updating the BIOS...
could be two new builder oppies. did you put the mb on top of the brass motherboard standoffs??? on the side of the mb where the dimm slots are. go up the side of the motherboard there an 8 pin port above the cpu. did you plug in the 8 pin cable from the power supply?? the eight pin is not the 6 plus two video power. most times it two 4 pin cables with a clip on them.

elmo2006

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009

What is the default BIOS that the motherboard is using BIOS_A or BIOS_B, these jumpers are located between PCI1 and PCIE4?

Gamebanger

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013

is using BIOS_A

Gamebanger

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013

I checked and everything is in the right place but the steady red light still shows

elmo2006

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009

Is this a new system install?
Any changes made to the BIOS?
Was this system working at all before any particular change?

Gamebanger

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013

yes its a new system install and one the jumpers popped out as i was assembling it .

elmo2006

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
So to double check, the jumper has been inserted as listed in the manual thus in essence using BIOS_A or the primary BIOS.
Are you able to gain access to the BIOS itself and if so, could you reset to factory defaults and then power cycle?
If not then perform a CLR_CMOS by jumping the pins as listed in the manual:

"CLRCMOS1 allows you to clear the data in CMOS. To clear and reset the system
parameters to default setup, please turn off the computer and unplug the power
cord from the power supply. After waiting for 15 seconds, use a jumper cap to
short pin2 and pin3 on CLRCMOS1 for 5 seconds. However, please do not clear
the CMOS right after you update the BIOS. If you need to clear the CMOS when
you just finish updating the BIOS, you must boot up the system first, and then shut
it down before you do the clear-CMOS action. Please be noted that the password,
date, time, and user default profile will be cleared only if the CMOS battery is
removed."

The second step would be to use the jumper for BIOS_B or the backup BIOS and then power cycle the system

Solution