There's definitely a ghost haunting my monitor...

KittyFish62

Respectable
Dec 13, 2016
So, today after eating lunch, I went to my Dell Latitude E4310 (connected to my Acer X193w, yes I know it's seriously old but that's all I have), and my monitor just then said, "No Signal" and went to sleep. So I went to log back in, when the crazy stuff started happening. For some reason, it was booting on for a second that turning off and repeating. So I turned off my UPS that it was connected to, and guess what... it was still doing it! I think my UPS is possessed as well... Anyways, I went ahead and unplugged and plugged back in both ends and it started working again. Does anyone know what's happening, or do I really have a ghost in my house (I had one in my other house too...)?

UPDATE: Well, I think it was just fried it some delicious, overwhelming, mhmhm french fries... uhh what? Anyways, I used my spare gateway monitor I had and it was SO much better. Thanks for everyones help (even though there was nobody that helped me... hello darkness my old freind...)!

Solution
wear a tinfoil hat. i hear that helps.

on a more serious note, not much we can say with such limited details other than if the ups was failing and cutting power then the monitor would shut off as well. that would need to be tested to verify though.
wear a tinfoil hat. i hear that helps.

on a more serious note, not much we can say with such limited details other than if the ups was failing and cutting power then the monitor would shut off as well. that would need to be tested to verify though.

Solution