Thermal Grizzly Kyronaut LM or Paste?

Jun 5, 2018
I am looking to apply the Grizzly Kyronaut on my laptop CPU and maybe GPU. In some YT Kyronaut application videos, the Kyronaut appears to be a paste rather than a LM and I wanted to confirm with other people if this is the case.

Specfically, I am a college student so I'll be moving around my laptop a decent amount. I heard some people say that people shouldn't put LM in their laptops because it is possible the LM will leak out and short the surrounding area, something I don't want but I do want cooler temps.

So yeah, is the Kyronaut more of a paste or LM? Should I be concerned about it leaking off the CPU die and shorting my laptop components? Tips and Tricks?

Solution
Kryonaut is a standard non-conductive thermal compound.

Conductonaut is the their liquid metal offering.

Not really any tips other than to follow the directions for the Kryonaut, it comes with a spreader as I recall. Factory application of thermal compound is usually somewhat overdone. The paste is designed for the life of the laptop, so isn't as good as thermally as aftermarket ones.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Kryonaut is a standard non-conductive thermal compound.

Conductonaut is the their liquid metal offering.

Not really any tips other than to follow the directions for the Kryonaut, it comes with a spreader as I recall. Factory application of thermal compound is usually somewhat overdone. The paste is designed for the life of the laptop, so isn't as good as thermally as aftermarket ones.

Solution