Thermal monitoring???

ThomasGSX

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
Hello, I have recently built a computer and want to overclock my CPU 3.0GHZ, I Have a couple of questions though as I am new to this... So Far I have went in to BIOS and disables Speed Step, set my multiplier to 9x, disabled C1E support, set my AI overclocking to manual, set the external frequency to 333(FSB 1333), set the VCORE to +50mv, the DRAM to 1333mhz and the memory voltage to 1.5. although I have been having an issue with it throttling about the 4th test in on Prime 95. It will drop the vore voltage and the frequency will shoot down to 2000mhz. I discovered that when I disable Thermal Monitoring, It does not Throttle anymore, but is this safe to do??? the temps on my CPU are: idle: 32C-35C and at full load are 51C-58C. Are these temps safe to be running???
My specs are:
Motherboard: Asus P5G41T-M LX PLUS
PSU: Dynex 520watt
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (G0 Stepping)
Heat Sink: Cooler Masters Hyper 212 Plus(Push-Pull Configuration)
Memory: DDR3 G.Skill RipJaw 8GB(2x4GB)
Case: Antec 900
Graphics Card: EVGA Nvidia GeForce 9800GTX

If you disable the systems monitoring capability it falls to you to monitor temperatures,
58'c at load isn't worrisome on an Intel chip although maxing your case cooling is always a good plan,
check Cpu-z to see your chips thermal limit (or google it) and coretemp to watch temps with,
Moto