[SOLVED] Thermal paste

tyreeseman123

Prominent
Aug 18, 2019
Hiya everyone,

I'm building a gaming pc and I keep hearing people talk about thermal paste that I need to buy

Is that something I need to buy or something that comes with it or what paste do I buy etc or I dont need to buy and install any thermal paste at all?

If i do need to buy thermal paste please recommend me a high end great one and how often must this be changed/applied??

Please assist me with this as I am unsure

My pc build items are below
Case: Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE
Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB
RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB or 64GB
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming LGA1151
Graphics card: ASUS ROG Strix GEFORCE RTX 2080 TI OC EDITION
Mouse: Logitech G502
Cooler: Corsair H 115i RGB platinum
Processor: Intel core i9-9900K 3.6ghz
HDD: Seagate 10TB Barracuda pro
SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 860 QVO 2.5"
PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 80 PLUS GOLD
Mousepad/mat: Corsair MM800 RGB

Solution
Decent CPU coolers usually come with either a tube of paste, or preapplied paste. The latter was the scenario with my old Corsair H50. They just put a peel off piece of plastic over it to keep it from drying out until used.

So for you, it will basically come down to whether you want to try using a TIM (thermal interface material) that might offer a bit better performance than Corsair's. Often only a substantial OC will show a noteworthy difference.

I highly recommend you install it stock, check temps, then decide. Make sure to do a thorough test and jot down testing procedure. That way if you try another paste, you can test the exact same way and compare notes.

Decent CPU coolers usually come with either a tube of paste, or preapplied paste. The latter was the scenario with my old Corsair H50. They just put a peel off piece of plastic over it to keep it from drying out until used.

So for you, it will basically come down to whether you want to try using a TIM (thermal interface material) that might offer a bit better performance than Corsair's. Often only a substantial OC will show a noteworthy difference.

I highly recommend you install it stock, check temps, then decide. Make sure to do a thorough test and jot down testing procedure. That way if you try another paste, you can test the exact same way and compare notes.

Solution