Thermalright Intros CPU Cooler For HTPC and Mini-ITX

Status
Not open for further replies.

azathoth

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
Excellent design and all for a small form factor, but I see a problem here.
Most HTPC's and Mini-ITX builds are made from more budget oriented parts, justifying a $60 CPU cooler for a $400-500 build is something I can not do.
If the cooler was placed closer to say, $29.99 then they would certainly be considered.

[citation][nom]Azathoth[/nom]Excellent design and all for a small form factor, but I see a problem here.Most HTPC's and Mini-ITX builds are made from more budget oriented parts, justifying a $60 CPU cooler for a $400-500 build is something I can not do.If the cooler was placed closer to say, $29.99 then they would certainly be considered.[/citation]
Plus the cost of a replacement fan in a themed build.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]LukeCWM[/nom]What's with that puke-brown? If they used something else, it would be nice looking.[/citation]
It does look like something from Noctua.

Shame they took the normal "Shuriken" cooler off the market, It did fit more boards due to its 100mm fan then the 120 on the big shuriken. OR MB makers have to stop putting the cpu LGA/Socket so close to the PCI-E slot.

Geminii S + Mods(little pipe flattening or bracket re-drill) ftw :) 120mm scythe slim fan if you need it shorter.

Scythe does make some VERY good products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts