Question Thermalright Phantom Spirit clearance on MSI B650 Tomahawk board

Jul 26, 2024
Hello,
I am planning out a build with:

MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard
Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Corsair Vengeance 32 GB memory

And I have seen that the Phantom Spirit can be quite huge on motherboards where sometimes one of the cooler fans can be blocked by the ram on the motherboard. I was wondering if anyone has this particular setup and if so, if they have had to shift the cooler fan up a little so it is not blocked by the ram. Is there even a big penalty in terms of cooling with doing this? Thank you

Hello,
I am planning out a build with:

MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard
Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Corsair Vengeance 32 GB memory

And I have seen that the Phantom Spirit can be quite huge on motherboards where sometimes one of the cooler fans can be blocked by the ram on the motherboard. I was wondering if anyone has this particular setup and if so, if they have had to shift the cooler fan up a little so it is not blocked by the ram. Is there even a big penalty in terms of cooling with doing this? Thank you

Look for low profile kits also I would recommend not going with MSI to many form posts with issues with MSI boards.

[SIZE=4]TEAMGROUP T-Create Expert Overclocking 10L DDR5 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) 6000MHz (PC5-48000) CL30 Desktop Memory Module Ram Black - CTCED532G6000HC30DC01[/SIZE]

Go asrock/gigabyte.

Not recomending Asus due to dodgy business practices MSI for similar.