thermaltake 650w litepower for GTX760

Mikey-J

Reputable
Sep 10, 2014
Hey all,

So in the past 8 months or so I've replaced about Three of my HDDs, due to failure, bsod's etc. I've sought help on this issue many times before. I've come to suspect my PSU to be the culprit. Many people say they wouldn't trust my PSU especially for my set-up, due to the not so fantastic quality of the PSU etc etc. When i bought the PSU i didn't realize that they could have poor outputs. all i knew was 650w would be enough for my system, i had no idea about the ratings and all that jazz. How i regret it now lol. i researched a lot before building my PC so i dunno why i overlooked that. Anyway, what really worries me is that when i run H/W monitor, my CPU-VCORE is at 0.18V!! could it be the cpu or mobo? I'm almost sure it's my psu but at the back of my mind i'm thinking it might be the mobo/CPU socket. according to H/W monitor, apparently the 12V line is only putting out 8V! my system specs are as follows:

Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit
CPU: I5 3570k
Motherboard: MSI Mpower z77
RAM: 8GB (4x4) corsair DDR3 vengence 1600
PSU: Thermaltake 650w litepower series
GPU: Gigabyte GTX760 2GB OC
Main HDD: Western Digital

Should i just replace the PSU? custom builds can really be a headache at times. I"ve had more issues than actually enjoying my build lol! Sorry for the long post and poor english.

Thanks in advance!