Thermaltake Case Has PSU On Bottom, Fans on Top

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

halcyon

Splendid
This is not the first article Tom's has posted about a common-layout Thermaltake case. Its an Ad and seems like it should be labeled as such. At least this particular example is not as ugly as some of the prior Thermaltake cases that THG has posted Ads for.

archange

Distinguished
May 7, 2007
I had to double-check the date on tot of the article.

Now, I'm caught in an error loop that keeps flashing: "Does not compute" across my visual array... :/

istank

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
[citation][nom]youssef 2010[/nom]The number of fans or card support are available from other cases like my CM Storm Sniper. I must say that I've personally held the side panel of the V9 Black Edition and the side panel warps very very easily. As for the top mounted HDD/SSD dock it's becoming more and more common nowadays that it's no longer a new feature.[/citation]

I have the CM Storm Sniper as well on one of my systems. It is one of my favorites other than the tight fit for large video cards.

[citation][nom]youssef 2010[/nom]The number of fans or card support are available from other cases like my CM Storm Sniper. I must say that I've personally held the side panel of the V9 Black Edition and the side panel warps very very easily. As for the top mounted HDD/SSD dock it's becoming more and more common nowadays that it's no longer a new feature.[/citation]

The V9 Black Edition is the case I own and was referring to on the first page of comments.

I agree about the side panel. Mine is warped and I really could use a 3rd hand every time I put it back on.

I've got the side panel with the fan all taped up and ready to cut. I'm removing the entire grill/fan area to replace it with a 12"x12" piece of plexi for an overall window size of approximately 11"x11". Unfortunately, the installed side fan makes it impossible for large CPU heatsinks (noctua nh-d14) and closed loop coolers like the H50 and similar designs. This fan just needs to be 1.5" lower, and 1.5" toward the front of the case and it'd be nearly perfect, in regards to fitting almost any type of cpu cooler you wish.

This V3 BlacX Edition probably imposes the same limitations. You have to choose between certain cpu coolers or a side fan. Maybe someday they'll engineer a case that allows for both.

G

I actually bought this case last year and it's garbage. If you have a mobo with the memory slots in the upper-right corner, you can't place a fan on the top of the case (the retaining pins stick into the fan blades).

Great look, solid but dumb. Quarter inch taller and it'd be a great case.

Status
Not open for further replies.