News Thermaltake Commander G Series Cases Offer Your Choice of Front Panel

TCG-CT

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013
I hear that! I can't believe that everyone in the PC ecosystem has ditched their ODDs. I still use my Pioneer regularly, and it fits beautifully into my Stacker 800 behemoth! Although I have been looking for a new case to make the move to liquid cooling, but not without my Pioneer! Is there any new case that supports ODDs???

I hear that! I can't believe that everyone in the PC ecosystem has ditched their ODDs. I still use my Pioneer regularly, and it fits beautifully into my Stacker 800 behemoth! Although I have been looking for a new case to make the move to liquid cooling, but not without my Pioneer! Is there any new case that supports ODDs???

There are many Computer Cases with 5.25" bays. My cheap Corsair 100r has a slot for one. Several other Corsair cases have at least one 5.25" bay. Goto pcpartpicker.com and search for cases. Scroll down to "External 5.25" Bays and move the slider to your desired bay count.

I got 16 pages worth of results for cases having at least 1, 5.25" bay.

Dragonwatcher

Reputable
Sep 11, 2019
Several of the BeQuiet! cases also support at least a single ODD and a few support 2. The Dark Base 900 series for one. My Dark Base Pro 900 supports 2 of them and I have both populated. Like the rest of you I won't own a case that doesn't support at least one ODD.

I just wish that someone would put the 5.25 bay on the bottom, in the "basement" of the case. Sure it's not the most convenient placement when your PC is on the floor, but it would clean up the looks and keep all your wires hidden when viewing through the side glass.

cvora79

Commendable
Dec 7, 2017
Dont buy those sht cases, no fan speed control built in!!!! If you like 200mm fan @ full speed all the time, then buy it !!!!

cvora79

Commendable
Dec 7, 2017
You don't have fan headers on your motherboard? Fan header should be able to handle two 200mm fan no problem, which are typically about 1/3 amp or 3-4watts each.
Ofc i have fan headers on mobo, but fans provided with case are 6 pin and can be pluged only in provided controller which doesnt have fan speed control integrated in itself, just colour switch!!!! Im not retarded, i build pc over 20 yeras!!!! Just avoid all Thermaltake cases with integrated aRGB controller...They are all the same, lack of basic function FAN RPM control!!!!!

only solution is to find 12v, ground and tacho wire, cut it before reach controller, solder to 3pin and plug into mobo !!!!! So you pay 120$+ for hobby DIY case !!!!!!!