[SOLVED] Thermaltake Core P6 or P8 Airflow question

Oct 5, 2021
Hey,
I'm thinking of getting the new Thermaltake P6 case https://www.thermaltake.com/core-p6-tempered-glass-snow-mid-tower-chassis.html it has come out just when I started looking at getting a nice case for my system. As its essentially a smaller version of the P8 maybe someone with experience with that could help with some questions, there build videos online but haven't found real reviews of it.

- How do you setup airflow for the system? I presume you'd have bottom intake, top and back exhaust, but the side must make the airflow messy right?

- The front has smallish gaps either side of the glass, with no filter I presume you'd want to exhaust here too, just to keep positive pressure and keep out dust?

- As a bonus question, if anyone has had experience with the T8, how does it do for noise and dust over the medium/long term?

Solution
It has 'no pressure'.
When chassis have too many open gaps/seams, the argument of positive/neutral/negative pressure doesn't apply to them. Not the case for more airflow restricted models.
It regulates itself, if that makes any sense.
What this means:
-You have more freedom to position fans however you want with minor penalties to cooling. That's a plus, IMO.
-You can't do a darn thing about the dust. That would be the downside to more open models like this, IMO.
Filters are kind of pointless with these chassis. You'd have to somehow filter all those open gaps, and it likely wouldn't look as good after such a project.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
It has 'no pressure'.
When chassis have too many open gaps/seams, the argument of positive/neutral/negative pressure doesn't apply to them. Not the case for more airflow restricted models.
It regulates itself, if that makes any sense.
What this means:
-You have more freedom to position fans however you want with minor penalties to cooling. That's a plus, IMO.
-You can't do a darn thing about the dust. That would be the downside to more open models like this, IMO.
Filters are kind of pointless with these chassis. You'd have to somehow filter all those open gaps, and it likely wouldn't look as good after such a project.

Solution
Oct 5, 2021
Ah k, I thought that as the openings seemed not to be huge (and that they called it 'closed style') that maybe some regular case principles applied. Thanks for giving advise, it all makes sense. I might still go for this case if I still like it in a couple of weeks and if so I'll post my experiences here. Cheers.

TRENDING THREADS