Thermaltake rebate scams

NormP_05

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012
Anyone else getting stiffed on the Thermaltake Rebates? I sent in ALL documentation, then they insisted they needed the very same original documentation sent in from the exterior of the box. Where do you suppose they expect me to come up with that when they already have it?

Talk about cheating their customers. I let Tiger Direct know the info, but expect no satisfaction other than letting all others out there know not to plan on receiving their rebates from Thermaltake when offers at POS.

Don't get sucked in to after sale rebates; only purchase products offering the instant rebates at time of sale, if offered. Besides, you save on the sales tax.

Not very many people on here are getting screwed by Thermaltake rebates. Indeed they are not getting screwed by buying sucky Thermaltake PSUs either, since we usually do well getting people to avoid buying Thermaltake PSUs in the first place.

Sucks that you got screwed twice.

Cincy_Ron

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013
Hey catafish, can you supply more info on what you did as far as the credit card dispute? It looks like I may go down that route.

I too have been ripped off by Thermaltake and their power supply rebate scam. I even had the foresight to videotape the whole process from filling out the form, cutting out the UPC and attaching it, putting it in a stamped envelope, and mailing it. According to their rebate center they haven't got it yet even though it's been over 2 months now. I supplied video proof to them but they want me to resubmit everything. Of course I can't do that because I already mailed them the UPC off the box. I will NEVER buy another Thermaltake product. Lesson learned...

Runna

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013

NormP_05,

I've had the same issue with Thermaltake Rebates. I mailed out the rebate form, receipt of order and full UPC on time and even got a comfirmation tracking # that the $20 card being shipped. I checked the rebate status again today and see this:

Claim declined:

- Signed Rebate Form is missing- Original UPC Barcode Label (#841163041697) (Not the shipping label barcode) is missing- Copy of Receipt/Invoice or Packing List is missing- No proof of purchase- Barcode label is missing- Reseller is not eligible for this offer- No proof of purchase date in documentation

I didn't even receive an email notification of the claim being declined. I decided to check today because I was going to mail in a rebate for ASUS.

This was a MIR for the Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 Case.

Runna

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013
For anyone else trying to get in touch with Thermaltake Customer Service or the third-party that is in charge of processing MIR's, I was given this email by Thermaltake Customer Service:

Miki.Choi@thermaltakeusa.com

Make sure you provide all pertinent information regarding the mail-in-rebate, such as order summary, rebate offer codes, tracking. Anything you can provide to support the claim.

Hope this helps, as I'm still waiting for a reply.

Ferocious Rabbit

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013

Phas3Zer0

Honorable
Dec 12, 2012
I'm going through the same thing. I purchased a Thermaltake Core V51 with a $30 rebate and sent in all the documents requested within the time limit. They are now saying that a picture of the UPC is not enough "evidence" (despite what the customer service rep told me to do) and that I must actually cut the UPC from the box and mail it in. The thing is by the time they actually received it I was told it was to late and that my claim had been denied...