Question Thermaltake Riing Plus 20 RGB software issues

christian_94

Commendable
Oct 6, 2016
So I just bought a Thermaltake Level 20 GT RGB Plus E-ATX case. It came with two 200mm Riing Plus RGB fans in the front and one 140mm Riing Plus RGB fan in the back. I have these three fans plugged into the thermaltake fan controller that came with the case, I have the controller plugged into the molex and the usb slot on the motherboard. I have the TT RGB Plus software installed, yes it is the plus version. When I run the software I get the "H_0x0001" error code saying fans are not detected. What is the issue with this? I have an Asrock z390 taichi motherboard.

christian_94

Commendable
Oct 6, 2016
Which version of BIOS are you on for your motherboard? Which version of Windows 10 are you on?
I have the BIOS on 4.10, and windows 10 is completely up to date, running the 1903 version and no more updates available when I check for updates.
I have the dip switches all set to down since I just have the one fan controller, I tried messing with them a little bit by putting some up and some down or up and the others down or three up and one down, tried all the combinations it shows in the back of the manual, which is 16 different options.

christian_94

Commendable
Oct 6, 2016
Also I do not believe there to be a fault with the motherboard USB header as the case has two USB 2.0 ports on the front, and I had the wire for those ports plugged into the USB header that the fan controller is currently plugged into, and those USB 2 ports were functioning when I had them plugged into the motherboard.