Question Replacement Top Fan Filter for a Thermaltake V200 TG RGB case ?

bikemanI7

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
Hello All

Wondering where would I find replacement magnetic top front filter for a Thermaltake V200 TG RGB case?

(Magnet keeps coming off on one side of that Filter)

Emailed Thermaltake Support, but they replied they don't sell parts, which i kinda already knew as asked on something else a while back, and got same answer.

Any help or suggestions appreciated

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Are you able to glue or otherwise reattach the magnet that keeps coming off?

There are quite a number of magnets in all shape and sizes available nowadays. There is even magnetic tape.

Depending on where you live (not asking) you may be able to to into a Home Depot, Lowes, etc. and find a package of small magnets or magnetic tape to repair and fix the filter.

With a little care and effort the fix is likely to be both workable and unnoticeable. And less expensive.

Just my thoughts and suggestion.

bikemanI7

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
Well for now i managed to get it to stick pretty well back on, sadly don't have any glue around.

Will check into Magnetic tape, except don't drive in real life and family members rarely do themselves these days, so not that easy to get to a Home Depot, or Lowes unforuately

Though a less expensive fix does sound great though.

Soon i gotta fiddle with annoying front of this case and clean the dust off the front fans (the worst ones probably in entire system lol, and the plastic like glass to show off the darn Front Fans RGB lights lol.

bikemanI7

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
Well i'd still probably have to remove the front cover to access the Filters for the Front fans to clean the Filters at times.

Currently i'm as careful as i can be to clean behind there, though possibly already broke one of Front USB 2.0 ports sadly.

But eventually i might even upgrade to a better case either before i upgrade the hardware or right when i do again in future

Well i'd still probably have to remove the front cover to access the Filters for the Front fans to clean the Filters at times.

Currently i'm as careful as i can be to clean behind there, though possibly already broke one of Front USB 2.0 ports sadly.

But eventually i might even upgrade to a better case either before i upgrade the hardware or right when i do again in future
Self adhesive magnetic tape should work you can probly find some on Amazon. Or any place like a hardware shop even small business should carry it. It's used on some fridge doors

Ralston18

Titan
Per @beyondlogic

"Or any place like a hardware shop even small business should carry it. It's used on some fridge doors".

I agree - as another option:

If you scrounge around a bit you can probably find one or more of those soft rubber-like magnets used for promotional purposes (free). Or sold as souvenirs.

They can easily be cut with scissors and repurposed for other uses.