These Micro-ATX Cases Support Long Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

verbalizer

Distinguished
I know of a few more than those options.
different sizes and shapes with and without windowed panels.
look nice though, I'll take a closer look when I need another mATX case.
thanks.

Sharkoon Technologies GmbH is a German corporation with headquarters in Linden, Germany. They have a branch office in Taiwan.

I would not be surprised if the new cases became available in Europe first.

G

Ha! Antiquated cases... the new ones from thermaltake have the psu on bottom.

AbdullahG

Distinguished
Me being a fan of microATX builds, this looks like a nice, cheap case to work with. However, because cable management lacks in many mATX cases(NZXT Vulcan and SilverStone TJ08-E are the few mATX cases that actually have it), that would really be nice.

Nim Chimpsky

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2011
Ooh, wow, yeah. I've never seen a case that could fit a long graphics card before.[/sarcasm]
This is the same guy who wrote "Thermaltake Case Has PSU On Bottom, Fans on Top" today.

G

Whats the big advantage of having a case thats a few inches shorter than a standard mid tower? It has the same footprint size, so I don't see how it really saves space. It just means you have to reach further down to pop in a dvd or plug in a usb drive.

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
Sharkoon???? Never knew this brand name existed. But the cases look nice. Although, the market of computer cases is so saturated that the manufacturers are replicating each other with different shapes for the outer frame. There has been no innovation at all for most of the new cases. Some cases ,like the Thermaltake MKI Chaser, feel like it went from design to mass production without having a prototype to test and find out that the temperatures are seriously ridiculous.

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
[citation][nom]Al3s[/nom]Ha! Antiquated cases... the new ones from thermaltake have the psu on bottom.[/citation]

These "Sharkoons" still have a top-mounted PSU????? Oh well......

Nim Chimpsky

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2011
It amuses me to think that somewhere out there is someone who is going to buy one of these black boxes with blue honeycomb grilles labeled "Sharkoon."

pelov

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
What's up, Tom's? Past 2 articles regarding PC cases have looked more like blatant advertisements rather than informative pieces of journalism.

There have been case choices for mATX builds to support longer video cards for a while now, and these people certainly aren't the first to do it. It would have been nice to throw in a couple other options in there that could suffice for builds with big cards rather than a spotlight on a single company for a yet-to-be-seen product.

Thermaltake opting to stick the PSU on the bottom may have been news in 2005, but today? Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.