THGC Folding Page

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Well, I'll just post them here instead:

-:A page dedicated to me (I think I'm safe in assuming that's what we all secretly want :lol: )
-:The About us link could do with moving on to the side navigation bar IMO.
-:Direct links to the GUI and commandline F@H console - with instructions on how to join our team
-:Benefits - i.e Gmail accounts

Flinx

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2001
<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=205363#205363" target="_new">http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=205363#205363</A>
If you look at the 1st entry you will see the following two links:

1) Benchmarks
2) Folding Explained by sjonnie

The loving are the daring!

tedlogun

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2005
what else the site could do with:
:-a link to the hompage, but i guess that would be the blog thing you're talking about and be linking to that
:-i like the idea of giving gmail accounts out, i'l be willing to send them out anyway (email me for one at 'theobinney@gmail.com' i only have 40 thousand, it's very exclusive)
:-maybe a logo for the site and team, i'm only just starting to aquaint myself with paint shop pro so i may upload a few ideas

and good job on the site!!

(got my first 600pointer, that and a new site, happy days)
----------------------------------------------
great minds think alike, fools seldom differ...<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by tedlogun on 04/15/05 00:29 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

stefan

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2004
<b>Congrats Sparky!!</b> for putting up this lovely site!! and also a <b>thumbs up</b> to Ned! How on earth did you get this link up there? Great work, all of you, anyway!

still... I'm coming to get you, Sparky!!! :eek:

Thanks man - A guy called Fredi is the webmaster - I just asked him and he was happy to.

As for the site - A hit counter would be good also.

Nice going Sparky - I've noticed a few things that could do with changing if you get chance:

Home Page

: - "What is Folding@Home??" - 1 Question mark
: - Perhaps a seperator between each update?
: - A Index of the updates in a secondary nav bar, so users can jump down the page via it

Benchmark Page
: - Small description of what that is all about

Download Page
: - Installation instuctions and setup on how to join our team
: - Instead of putting "xxx version here, installation instructions here..." 3 times - how about just linking to each version and the hyperlink be named that version - i.e <A HREF="http://www.teamthgc.blogdns.org/files/Folding@Home503.EXE" target="_new">Windows NT/2000/XP GUI</A>
:- Same with the installation instructions here thing

<b>This is just things I've noticed, I won't be suprised if people don't agree / like my idea's</b>

Should we consolidate the two webpages now?

The graphs/charts that are on that page is perfect for our THG Folding page - why not migrate it to the THGC folding page?

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Wow! Great website sparky853.

Now if we can just convince some news sites to interview our THGC team and then with the bolster of that, garner some free stuff from the PR departments of major hardware manus to support the folding and give them a bit of press for it. ;)

<pre> :eek: <font color=purple>I express to you a hex value 84 with my ten binary 'digits'. :eek: </font color=purple></pre><p>@ 185K -> 200,000 miles or bust!

Flinx

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2001
OK Sparky where do we go from here? Great site. How to we entice the people to join up and contribute?

What way your idea?

The loving are the daring!

sparky853

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003
NED,

Give me a break man, what do you want for a couple hours of FREE work :wink: !!

Anyways, I did make a couple changes to the web. Removed one of the question marks, added in seperators. As for the index updates, I'll probable do something like that for each week, where only 7 days worth are on the main page, archived stuff can be accessed through the nav bar.

Put in a sample of how to get benchmark scores using the console.

Made the Download page more user friendly.

Now, can you leave me alone so I can enjoy my Saturday with a BBQ and Beer? :smile:

Systems Running F@H:
AMD: [A64 3200+] [XP2800+ x2] [XP2400+]
Intel: [P4 2.8 x4] [P4 2.0] [P4 1.8] [P4 1.7] [P4 1.6 x2] [P4 1.4M] [Xeon 1.0] [Cel 1.0] [P3 ??]

sparky853

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003
No worries mate. :smile:

BTW, the BBQ & Beers were good :wink: .

Systems Running F@H:
Intel: [P4 2.8 x4] [P4 2.0] [P4 1.8] [P4 1.7] [P4 1.6 x2] [P4 1.4M] [Xeon 1.0] [Cel 1.0] [P3 ??]

stefan

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2004
the weather would have been great for BBQ in Austria; still I stuck to beer.... - the less you eat, the better it works!
*scratches head and enjoys hangover..*

sparky853

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003
I added a page with some certificates to it. Everyone tell me what you think. I included links to team certificates as well as cert. for the top five producers. Is this a bad idea? I don't want anyone to feel left out, but due mostly to time limitations, I just wouldn't be able to keep up with all the certificates issues for everyone. :frown:

Anyways, if the concensus is that its unfair to the other 103 folders, I will take them down.

Systems Running F@H:

Instead of saving the files like that - link directly to the link given on the Standford site - the certificates are generated automically, and so will update automatically.

This way you can have everyone's certificate.

Oh, btw - where is my page?! :wink:

Damn Ned you just don't give up do you.?????????
I mean this is about teamwork, not YOU :evil: !!!!!!!!!
Nice work there Sparky. Thank you for your time doing it. Hopefully we can catch a little more attention and recognition with this.

I aint signing nothing!!!

stefan

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2004
I like the thing with the certificates. Contrary to Ned, I don't think, you should link directly to stanford, as we will not have a history (like: when did we reach the 2M point landmark?) that way...

I also like sjonnies idea (in the other thread) that you could make some link like "JOIN US" which links to a "motivational page", explaining it in detail with extra links to the files, etc. (I'll try to come up with a wording, I'll send you with email.. - but dont expect to much, as I'm a foreigner...) :wink: