Question Things to consider before installing a GPU with a riser

Aug 26, 2022
I'm about to get my hands on a 3090 and I have an SSF computer with a Hydra Mini case. This means that in order to install the GPU I have to use a riser. The Hydra Mini case comes with a cable. They claim it's a good one but who would say their product is a bad one!?

Anyways, since the value of a GPU is much higher than the cable, I was wondering if I'm risking it or if there is anything that I might be missing. Personally, I have some concerns in regard to how the cable should be bent before it can reach the GPU.

Screenshot-20230228-094955.png
Screenshot-20230228-095604.png

Do you think I'm overthinking it and this will work just fine? Is there any chance of damaging the GPU or the rest of the hardware?

BTW, I have no idea if this cable supports PCIe Gen 4. How can I tell?

The Simple bundle gets you the case and power button, while with the Expanded bundle you also get our premium PCI-E 3.0 Rriser cable! (PCI-E 4.0 compatible).

Also there no need to worry about bending because its desgined to to plug into motherboard and gpu and has to do abit off bending

Aug 26, 2022
Well, this is a copy/paste from their website. But it does not answer my question of whether the riser cable bents are acceptable or not! Also, what does it mean "PCI-E 4 compatible"? Does it mean it will fall back to PCI-E 3? Can I get a PCI-E 4-speed out of this cable?

Well, this is a copy/paste from their website. But it does not answer my question of whether the riser cable bents are acceptable or not! Also, what does it mean "PCI-E 4 compatible"? Does it mean it will fall back to PCI-E 3? Can I get a PCI-E 4-speed out of this cable?

Yes copied the pasted the website info on the cable saying its PCI-E 4.0 compatible. I think it will go the same speed as pci-e 3 if your motherboard dose not support 4.0 so if your motherboard dose support 4.0 then it will use its speed

Last edited: