Question Third monitor "not detected" ?

sydnew

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2012
Hi all!!

My new PC "cannot detect" third Display in Windows 10 although it working fine in my old setup. All Cables are perfectly working because I can do Dual Monitor with combination with different monitors regardless of output connector , the only thing I cannot do is to display 3 Monitors simultaneously .

Heres the thing I tried so far:

Windows Update ,
Enable/Disable driver Monitor in Device Manager
Uninstall/Install driver Monitor in Device Manager
Set the resolution of each monitor to 1360x768
Change BIOS internal graphic from Auto to Enable
Upgrade to Windows 11 (revert it to W10)

My PC Specs:

CPU: Intel i5 10400 (w/ onboard graphic)
Motherboard: Gigabyte H410M S2H ver 3
Ram: Kingston Hyper 2666 DDR4 2 x 16GB
SSD/HDD: Crucial 250 GB
PSU: Seasonic Core GC 550
BIOS FB

Monitors:

Dell U2414H (HDMI)
Philips 163V5 (VGA)
Hisense 32A4GS (DVI to HDMI Cable)

uiVCtLY.png

ISEimiT.png

IUviTbB.jpg

Are new generation on Intel Chipset choosy on what Display output to use like in my case I m using HDMI and DVI-to-HDMI cable at the same time? My Dell U2414H has DisplayPort input and Im going to try to buy DVI-to-DisplayPort Adapter base on your opinion.

Thnx!!!

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
My new PC (Intel i5 10400 GA H410M S2H v3)
Can you please elaborate on the specs of this build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
?

Please state the BIOS version for your motherboard as well. Include links to adapters used.

in Windows 10/11
You're doing a dual boot? Or are you stating you tried two OSes? If so, where did you source the installers for the OSes from?

sydnew

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2012
You have your answer.
H410 is a very basic chipset that only supports two displays, even though there may be 3 connectors.
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/201842/intel-h410-chipset.html

Its make sense now because my last setup is a B85 Chipset Motherboard with 3 Display Output but at that time I m was looking at H81 Motherboard and did not find anything that include a 3 display output. An H81 Chipset is made cheap by trimming the number of display output, USB, and SATA.

But why would they bother adding DVI when its not being included in many Monitors anymore when HDMI start appearing? . Even VGA is being phase out in favor of DisplayPort in tandem with HDMI.

Buyers of inexpensive motherboards will also more often have older monitors which take only vga and dvi inputs.
For Quicksync, continue to use it on the integrated adapter.
For the third monitor, you can install an inexpensive basic discrete graphics card.
Windows has no problem with multiple display adapters.

Depending on your motherboard you should be able to use the integrated graphics and a dedicated cards at the same time.

As example, on my old Z77 board I can use the integrated HD 4000 and the dedicated GTX 1060 simultaneously (Mirage Driver is a virtual card for VNC remote desktop, you can disregard that)
Uf5QICM.png

Only real requirement for the iGPU to show up is that a monitor is plugged in. Or a dummy plug that makes it think there is something in use.
I'm using both because the motherboard has old DVI & VGA ports that allows me to use old monitors. But it also supports only 2 monitors across it's 3 ports.

For hardware acceleration, see if the software can also use NVENC. If it does, you could get a cheap nvidia card and use that

TRENDING THREADS