Status
Not open for further replies.

willgart

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2007
doesn't works... the screenshot doesn't works... its 2D
lol

for a phone, really usefull ;)
dring dring "hey hello mom, I'm calling you using a 3D phone and this make nice calls!!!"

trkorecky

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
[citation][nom]stingstang[/nom]Sorry...it's just not cool. This whole smartphone thing is getting out of control.[/citation]
Do we need to point out the number of times the word "tablet" appears on this page?

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
Hey does everyone remember what Nintendo said in their speech at e3 for the 3ds?

The tried using 3d and touchscreen control in the bottom screen, but said it didn't work very well... So exactly how will they get this to work properly?

kronos_cornelius

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
I would have to look at the screen with my own eyes. If it looks like those 3D DVD covers, it would be a really bad device. However, if it is high resolution to the point that you don't notice the interlacing, it would be worth a try.

At the moment, it sounds like a toy that will make phone calls, something you would buy for your kid. I don't consider DS, PSP or phone games to be for grown ups. Grown-ups play Fallout 3, Mass Effect and the like.

G

@Kronos...
you haven't played many DS or PSP games have you? Or if you have, you've only played a small fraction of those all available, they definitely have their share of Mature games, definitely on the same levels of Fallout 3 and Mass Effect. Not to mention how awesome Metal Gear Solid and Resident Evil are going to be on the 3DS. If thats not for grownups, then hell, I don't ever wanna grow up.

kronos_cornelius

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
duffmmann, it is not about the mature content, its about the graphics and the immersion. I waited a decade for desktops to look awesome like they do today, I am just not going to trade mobility in exchange for first gen PS graphics(or PS2). The end scene in Crysis for example is amazing. I do, however, respect your opinion.

G

Creator of Metal Gear Solid has already stated that the 3DS is capable of PS3 level graphics. (Don't expect to see any screens showing this yet, as nearly everything shown off thus far has only been a tech demo to show off the 3D, and Kid Icarus was being worked on back in January of 2009 when the 3DS was just starting out and had likely much weaker graphics capabilities), The Metal Gear creator went on to say that they'd have showcased this at E3 if they had more time to work on the product displayed there, but what was most important was to show off the 3D. OOT remake is going to have graphics on par if not better than Twilight Princess according to Nintendo.

Again, if graphics that powerful (360/PS3)aren't grown up (which honestly I don't get the big deal about graphics, if it looks cool it looks cool, and even all these very early tech demos still looked damn cool), then I still don't ever want to grow up lol.

[citation][nom]stingstang[/nom]Sorry...it's just not cool. This whole smartphone thing is getting out of control.[/citation]
It's not a smartphone dummy.
Android doesn't mean "Phone" Android is an operating system like windows. Windows can run on a phone, it can also run on a computer and many other devices, that doesn't make the computer a phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.