"This CPU is not supported by the model.

ankur_info

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
My uncle's pc is showing a warning message ""This CPU is not supported by the model. Please check the CPU QVL on Asus website"
Press F1 to continue,

His pc is working fine for last two year.

configuration:

Mbd: ASUS M4A88T-M LE
CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 555
RAM: Kingston 4 GB DDRIII
WD 500 GB HDD
PSU: 500 W

When press F1, showing BSOD error

Please help me as soon possible.

thanks is advance

Solution
I doubt it, a BSOD error would come about when trying to load windows.
Obviously, you not hitting the right key to enter the bios since you do not get an error of that nature BSOD is classed as a windows Os error on loading.
And why the cpu is not supported, is because the bios settings of the board for the cpu have factory defaulted, or are set wrong. Try pressing the F2, key on the bios flash screen or the Del key to enter the bios of the board.

The chip runs at stock speed at 3.2Ghz. you will also need to check the stepping revison of the Cpu, the multiplier clock should be set to x16

200Mhz Fsb of the cpu times x16=3.2 Mhz or 3.2Ghz. If set right the error will go away.
Obviously it is too low or set to high. so the board can...
id recommand. updating your bios, to have the latest one.

or try taking off the cpu and cleaning it off, with a micro-cloth and rubbing alcohol. 77 to 100% than reapplying thermal paste the size of a pea, and using a business card to smear it across evenly. than put back the cpu cooler. and remove the cmos battery. wait 2 minutes and than putting it back in, and restart your pc.

Something is wrong.
It is not likely to be a lack of cpu support in the bios because the pc has been working for a long time.
I would not try to update the bios, particularly with a flaky system. A failed bios update can permanently render your motherboard useles.

What has changed?

Possibly reseating the cpu could fix the problem as iceclock suggested.

Or, see if you can run memtest86+ to check out the ram.
It does not use an os and boots from a usb, cd, or floppy.

ankur_info

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
Thank you for your quick reply. Actually my uncle's home is almost 200 km from my location & he doesn't know how to update the bios. I told him to remove his cmos battery, which he can ( I think) and told me what will happen. I will go to his home tomorrow to update his bios. Now i am downloading the latest bios.

ankur_info

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012

I have a memtest86+ cd. then tomorrow first i clean his cpu and then remove the comose battery and third test the ram using MEM test86+

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
I doubt it, a BSOD error would come about when trying to load windows.
Obviously, you not hitting the right key to enter the bios since you do not get an error of that nature BSOD is classed as a windows Os error on loading.
And why the cpu is not supported, is because the bios settings of the board for the cpu have factory defaulted, or are set wrong. Try pressing the F2, key on the bios flash screen or the Del key to enter the bios of the board.

The chip runs at stock speed at 3.2Ghz. you will also need to check the stepping revison of the Cpu, the multiplier clock should be set to x16

200Mhz Fsb of the cpu times x16=3.2 Mhz or 3.2Ghz. If set right the error will go away.
Obviously it is too low or set to high. so the board can not identify the chip correctly based on it`s current settings of it in the bios by setting it manually it should fix the problem.
Sounds like someone tinkered with it. Worst case scenario, a new Cpu.

Solution

ankur_info

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012

yeah I know how to update bios. i have total 7 PC and all bios & drivers are updated. I have not face this type of error yet.

ankur_info

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012

huh, How is it possible? if his pc is infected by a virus, then it might be shows BSOD but not shows any error on bios :bounce:

ankur_info

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
Now I confirm that he try to change something on bios and activated core unlock by mistake and now he has activated all 4 core and a unstable system. Now question is if i clear cmose by using jumper or removing battery, is the cpu automatically disable two core?

A nasty virus might try to mess with the bios to perpetuate itself.

But, since you found out that there was an attempt to unlock cores, that is likely the source of the problem.

ankur_info

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
Thank you all. Yesterday I reset CMOS of uncle's pc and disable core unlock.... He unknownly unlock 4 core and hence the error occur... After reset comos i update the bios and add administrator password on bios...