Gr8NRG

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2006
In all the years I have been a Home User I have never run in to this problem.

When booting up I receive the following message in a red box on a black screen. I can hear Windows XP start-up screen running behind this screen:

ATTENTION
SIGNAL FREQUENCY
IS OUT OF RANGE

H: 94.0KHZ
V: 75.0HZ

PLEASE CHANGE
SIGNAL TIMING

No matter what I try to do it just keeps coming back to the above screen. Any suggestions?

pscowboy

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2002
If that doesn't work, you may be having trouble with your video circuit.

Do you have a graphics adapter card; or, is your video hardwired on the mobo? More specific info on that stuff.

What's the age of your system?

Has the comp been used "hard"?

This may be redundant, but MAKE SURE that your monitor cable is firmly attached to the box. Sometimes kids (or animals) screw around with these things.

CcXD

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2006
I'll just repeat what others say.

Check signal cable.
Check if Video card is connecxted correctly.
Have u changed monitor recently?
If u change monitor refresh frequency from windows, to a value higher or lower that ur montor's, then this ptoblem happens.
Try using another monitor, and the adjunsting the frequency to standard frequency
Happens a lot in linux.
Try booting in safe mode, press F8 when starting up.

Thats all i can come up with.

KennyG

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2005
If u change monitor refresh frequency from windows, to a value higher or lower that ur montor's, then this ptoblem

That would be my guess as well, in which case...

Try booting in safe mode, press F8 when starting up.

Then change it to something that the monitor supports. To find that out consult your monitors documentation and/or website.

Gr8NRG

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2006
Sorry I didn't get to you all sooner but I "lost" my 2nd PC for a while. I have tried each suggestion and found that my graphics card is bad. It's only three years old but just will not work. It is now time to start the search for a new card. Thanks one and all for your help.

Gr8NRG