This is the $100 Civilization V Special Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
If you like the sound track, just buy it off Amazon.

Civ players are supposed to be smarter than normal FPS and RTS players. Hey, at least this isn’t a $200 collector’s edition for a bad FPS game.

urlsen

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2007
[citation][nom]Pei-chen[/nom]If you like the sound track, just buy it off Amazon.Civ players are supposed to be smarter than normal FPS and RTS players. Hey, at least this isn’t a $200 collector’s edition for a bad FPS game.[/citation]
No its not activision

moomooman

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
I might buy it for my collection of Civ games, it will stand as a monument to the time I could have spent studying, learning a language or raising children.

Instead I enjoyed my life. :)

G

I would pay the $100 if it didn't require the SteamWorks crap. As it stands, Civ IV is the last version I will purchase unless this changes!

Userremoved

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
[citation][nom]kd1966[/nom]I would pay the $100 if it didn't require the SteamWorks crap. As it stands, Civ IV is the last version I will purchase unless this changes![/citation]
SteamWorks is a great thing for the PC I was skeptical at first but now I use for most of my games. Anyways I don't think VALVe is a "crap" developer. Plus the sales there are amazing. Try it before you say it's bad.

Userremoved

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
Wow I did not know so many Civilization players hated Steam come on it's a great platform your just complaining you need to download a game client to play a game.

dredg98

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
yeah games are starting to get overpriced and they wont go back to there original prices i like steam too yes you really cant sell the games but oh well i love that if i loose my game discs or cd key i can just go to steam reinstall it and not have to put in a blasted cd key. but the prices do need to change

Bolbi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
I like Civ4, and Civ5 looks to be even better. Can't wait to stretch my HD 5670's DX11 capabilities with it! I'll be looking to buy Civ5 soon after it comes out, but I wouldn't pay extra for this special edition package.

d0gr0ck

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
"This video contains content from playcast, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds." :(

In Ohio for the record.

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
Figurines are expensive, and they add alot of extra weight. I believe the cost is justified, and this is the version I will get. (and I will airbrush the figurines too because that is fun).

Infact, that would probably be something that would spur sales. Have a painting contest for the figurines, and the winners get something spiffy.

tleavit

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
Ive played Civ since the beginning. I remember staying up all night playing Civ one all the time. Civ is dead. Its been basically the same since Civ 3 with nothing but a few graphics upgrades. Civ would be a power house if they would have taken civ 5 and attached it to a site like Facebook, built much large worlds and let say hundreds if not thousands of people play the game basics at one time (much like the facebook game kingdoms of Camelot if you have tried it).

dredg98

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
[citation][nom]LORD_ORION[/nom]Oh wait, this requires steam? I am not getting Civ 5. My bad.[/citation] it doesnt require steam, steam is another place where you can get it, you can also buy it in store.

Sabiancym

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
[citation][nom]LORD_ORION[/nom]Oh wait, this requires steam? I am not getting Civ 5. My bad.[/citation]

It doesn't, but even if it did what irrational argument against it do you have? I've never heard one argument against steam that was actually true.

[citation][nom]tleavit[/nom]Ive played Civ since the beginning. I remember staying up all night playing Civ one all the time. Civ is dead. Its been basically the same since Civ 3 with nothing but a few graphics upgrades. Civ would be a power house if they would have taken civ 5 and attached it to a site like Facebook, built much large worlds and let say hundreds if not thousands of people play the game basics at one time (much like the facebook game kingdoms of Camelot if you have tried it).[/citation]
So you're suggesting that they take Civ, one of the best games of all time, and make it a facebook game? What the hell.

Oh, and this is definitely a game I'm waiting for. I won't be getting the special edition, but I've already got the standard one preordered through Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.