This is What Firefox 4.0 Could Look Like

Status
Not open for further replies.

matchboxmatt

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2009
I think that the more web browsers that take after Chrome, the better. It's an excellent browser.

The way they implemented the tabs on top in the 2nd picture doesn't look hot though. Reminds me of Safari 4 Beta's clunky UI rather than Chrome's sleek one.

duckmanx88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
yeah it looks like chrome. thats gotta hurt goggle since the only thing going for chrome right now(which im using) is its speed and non-cluttered UI. its still lacking things like idk letting me choose what page a tab opens to.

coopchennick

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
To be honest, the biggest reason why I'm using chrome more regularly than firefox is the completing-the-website-while-entering-in-bar feature.

It's so convenient for casual everyday browsing. I really hope firefox gets it soon.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
I'm not a fan of the minimalist browser. Of course this has to do with my line of work as I have to have multiple windows open, and lots going on so the more info the better.

And also not a fan of making the address bar and the search bar all in one. It's bad enough telling an old relative to enter in a simple address and they put it in google instead.

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
um... why is the interface even a big deal? can't this be addressed in theme packs? i don't quite understand why they're going for a look when most ppl alter it with themes anyway...

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
[citation][nom]JasonAkkerman[/nom]I like it. The lack of a title bar, and menu bar really sets it aside from that sterile "windows" look.[/citation]

goodluck trying to maximize the window when you're drunk!

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
So give the search bar its whole row? Thats a waste of space.
If the old person has problems, download Opera and remove or move the Seach window else where... you can put it anywhere.

Theme packs are rarely used, most people go with the default settings of a browser. Opera got the point recently and making Opera10 excellent with its default skin. I've always changed Opera into another skin, which didn't change its function - but it didn't look right with WindowsXP.

Mr_Man

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2008
Hopefully it has the bottom status bar, or at least the option for it. It adds a lot to my browsing experience, and it handy for a lot of add-ons.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]Belardo[/nom]So give the search bar its whole row? Thats a waste of space.If the old person has problems, download Opera and remove or move the Seach window else where... you can put it anywhere.Theme packs are rarely used, most people go with the default settings of a browser. Opera got the point recently and making Opera10 excellent with its default skin. I've always changed Opera into another skin, which didn't change its function - but it didn't look right with WindowsXP.[/citation]

You're making the assumption they can figure out how to download Opera to begin with. Try doing IT phone support sometime.

Supertrek32

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
The main thing that turned me off from Firefox and kept me using IE7 (and now IE8) is the font. I really like IE's Cleartype (while I absolutely hate the overall windows version >_>), and was always bothered by Firefox's lack of support for it Google just looked... wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS