This is What Internet Explorer 9 Might Look Like

Status
Not open for further replies.

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
"If it is indeed real, it seems that Microsoft is going for a stark, minimalist design that draws from its competitors at Mozilla, Google and even Apple."

Click, click.... IE8 looks very minimalist once you remove some of the top bars by right clicking. Why does there have to be a spin within every story?

pbrigido

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2008
[citation][nom]slvr1969[/nom]"Picture not available." here it is http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?w1f46bd7jj2wrtc[/citation]

Thanks!

I really like it. I am a fan of the "less is more" mentality.

pbrigido

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2008
[citation][nom]Zingam[/nom]Microsoft does not want to conform to the standards. They don't want to invest in the browser at all. I don't get it, why they still push it down the users throats?[/citation]

I disagree. Microsoft presents their product in their own way. Just as Google does for Chrome, Mozilla does for FireFox, etc. The benefit is that the consumer is left with multiple choices for a browers to fit what they want. I wouldn't say they are trying to push anything down the users throats at all.

ggman

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
I really like the simple looks but IE usage always sucked unless they make it as good as Firefox or Chrome :)

carickw

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2009
maybe if they didnt put buttons all across the UI then it would be okay. Back/Forward on the left, Stop and refresh in the middle, and home and favorites on the right. makes no sense.

g0rilla

Distinguished
May 15, 2007
The old farts are gonna hate this - drastic change. I suspect I will get an increase in grandma tech support calls once this releases.

unknown_13

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
[citation][nom]unknown_13[/nom]WTF tabs next to the address bar!??Yeah, i want a more simplistic approach, but i google chrome design is way better than this.[/citation]

I meant 'but the google chrome design' :D

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
Looks nice. I hope there's still a menu bar you can use there somewhere.
Otherwise, lolz... I might have to stop being lazy and learn new shortcuts.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Probably should've tried this with IE7. Oh well. Too little, too late. I'd like to see how many people actually switch from either Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Opera, BACK to IE9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS