This Lian Li Case Looks and Moves Like a Train: Choo-choo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
This would be awesome for kids ... thing is I'm not spending $379 on a "cute" case for my kids. Add computer parts, and that's one damn expensive toy.

Lian Li always charges too much for their products.

As a model railroader that's pretty cool. Depending on the price I would get one just to put in my train room in the basement where I have collectible railroad stuff from signs to lanterns and other railroad memorbilia.

math1337

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
Very cool, but when it comes to functionality and price, this just can't win. It's more art than a computer case, but then again, that's what a lot of people want.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I guess Lian-Li is betting on there being a sizeable overlap of computer nerds and train nerds. From my experience that is probably a good bet.

john_4

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
[citation][nom]internetlad[/nom]lol wtf[/citation]
My first thoughts too. I like Lian Li cases, the basic black aluminums are my choice and have used them on my last 3 builds.

john_4

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
[citation][nom]carnellm[/nom]Seriously, wher can I get this?[/citation]
Check newegg.com and tigerdirect.com or try to google it if they don't have it.

RADIO_ACTIVE

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]hfitch[/nom]That is seriously cool. Sheldon from Big Bang Theory would die for one.[/citation]
This was my first thought as well

BAZINGA!!!

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
I don't know why, but I have to have this.

I don't see it on sale anywhere. I'll stick a nice Brazos in there.

I hope their next version is a mule based box. With real hair. And donkey kicks if crashes.

designasaurus

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012

Put the power strip in the middle of your loop and let the cable rotate around as the train moves (obviously that won't work as well for a fancy setup w/actual model railroading).

G

Lian-Li hands down makes some of the nicest cases on the market... they also hands down make some of the gayest cases on the market!

G

Some motherboard have on-board power supplies (at least the Atoms that we've used for embedded systems) and only require a 12V DC input.
You could liven each track (one 12VDC the other GND) and power the PC through the wheels.

Combine this with Intels Widi and a Wireless mouse Keyboard, and yo wont need any wires!

Does anyone know if you can get a Mini-ITX motherboard with Widi? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS