Thoughts on CPU coolers?

KillswitchScar

Honorable
Aug 20, 2013
Hey guys, how's it going? i'm going to be upgrading my PC soon and would like to get a new heatsink for my new 6300. I'm not going to do water cooling as i don't like the idea of a leak destroying my $1300 PC. My budget is around $60. I have looked at the CM 212 evo and it seemed to suit my needs well, but then i looked at the NZXT havik 140 and it also looked great. Would it be worth it to go for the havik. Any other coolers i should look at? I could spring for a nh d14 as my case will fit it. Thanks for your time.

Solution
If you go for a noctua, for 75. Maybe look at a Phanteks that performs as well but with color options.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835709011
Phanteks PH-TC14PE

The 212 EVO is great and highly recommended around here on tomshardware. It's price/performance is amazing. And with the savings, possibly use towards another upgrade or game. But if you wait, depending where you live, cyber monday and black friday are coming-and killer deals are coming.

As for water cooling, if you were to go with a Corsair product whom has a 3 year warranty, will replaced every component damaged from a leak. But the only one I see worth buying is the H100i. (I personally have a NZXT x60).

Jake Wenta

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
If you go for a noctua, for 75. Maybe look at a Phanteks that performs as well but with color options.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835709011
Phanteks PH-TC14PE

The 212 EVO is great and highly recommended around here on tomshardware. It's price/performance is amazing. And with the savings, possibly use towards another upgrade or game. But if you wait, depending where you live, cyber monday and black friday are coming-and killer deals are coming.

As for water cooling, if you were to go with a Corsair product whom has a 3 year warranty, will replaced every component damaged from a leak. But the only one I see worth buying is the H100i. (I personally have a NZXT x60).

Solution