THQ's Humble Bundle Surpassed 2 Million in 16 Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I bought it don't even care about the games, 50% thq 49% charity 1% humble 4th bundle I have done at this ratio

twelve25

Distinguished
I can't believe all the cheapskates knocking the bundle average down to less than $6. Surely the games are worth more than $1 each! I would have hoped the average would have been closer to $25.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]Twelve25[/nom]I can't believe all the cheapskates knocking the bundle average down to less than $6. Surely the games are worth more than $1 each! I would have hoped the average would have been closer to $25.[/citation]The normal splits for cross-platform bundles is OS X $ average = 1.5 x Win $ average, Linux = 2 x Win $ average.

While a few of the games can be played on Linux using Wine, most Linux users are avoiding this bundle. HB isn't showing a purchase breakdown by OS but the comments about it are rather negative: http://blog.humblebundle.com/post/36817861850/the-humble-thq-bundle-has-arrived#disqus_thread

Probably just means more $ for Kickstarter campaigns for games that support OS X and Linux (there are dozens).

[citation][nom]Twelve25[/nom]I can't believe all the cheapskates knocking the bundle average down to less than $6. Surely the games are worth more than $1 each! I would have hoped the average would have been closer to $25.[/citation]

the average is never that high for humble bundles. the purpose of the bundles usually are for 2 things:

1. Charity, which is the main reason why the humble bundle exists
2. Advertisement. Notice how and historically games inside the humble bundle, have had sequels released near or soon for its release. last time, Torchlight was in HB5 as torchlight 2 was around. This time, Darksiders 1 is there to promote people to buy darksiders 2 if they liked one, as well as the fact that metro 2033 is there for promotion for the upcoming metro last light.

niz

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2003
I'm highly dissapointed that this time round they've chosen games that still contain DRM and are windows-only. I wont be buying any more bundles until they switch back to DRM-free games that (also) have Linux or Android versions.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
[citation][nom]Twelve25[/nom]Whatever the history or reasons behind the low average, it's apparent there are plenty of people with questionable ethics paying the $1 minimum.[/citation]

Unless they want to give to charity, got laid off, have kids to take care of, and need a Christmas present for their kids...

Maybe you should quit assuming and judging others as a New Years Resolution. :)

Halberd388

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2004
I hate THQ, how they treat their customers, their development partners and their view of consumers. If I bought it I'd give $0 to THQ, 0 to charity and a big tip to Humble Bundle for doing what they do.

THQ needs to either drastically change their business practices (DLCs are horrible for one) or die, I've bought most of the Humble Bundles but this is a big pass for me out of principle.

I gave 50% to THQ for making this possible and 50% to humble bundle for their great work. Child play is nice but I don't think its really a charity I would support over many other possible ones which in my opinion does more for the world.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
I can't tell you how great it is to have USOs at Airports when I'm traveling with the military. I wish there was a donation option for them. (USo_Org) That said, American Red Cross does wonders for our military as well. They also help with natural disasters etc in ways that nobody else does/can, and provide assistance throughout the world. I won't hesitate to put money there.

twelve25

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Halberd388[/nom]I hate THQ, how they treat their customers, their development partners and their view of consumers. If I bought it I'd give $0 to THQ, 0 to charity and a big tip to Humble Bundle for doing what they do.THQ needs to either drastically change their business practices (DLCs are horrible for one) or die, I've bought most of the Humble Bundles but this is a big pass for me out of principle.[/citation]

So they have a rig capable of gaming and are paying $40+ a month for broadband so they can download the games, but they are so poor they can't spend more than a buck on games for their needy children? Puh-lease!

G

niz 11/30/2012 11:51 PM

I'm highly dissapointed that this time round they've chosen games that still contain DRM and are windows-only. I wont be buying any more bundles until they switch back to DRM-free games that (also) have Linux or Android versions.

Pffffft get over it, give some money to charity you cheapskate!

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
I couldn't help but buy it. THQ is one of the few game companies that have a really solid but under-appreciated library of games. Unfortunate that I own over half of them, but bought it anyway for said reasons of dudewitbow and to help THQ a little. Looking forward to picking up Darksiders 2 when I finally have a chance and definitely looking forward to the release of Metro: Last Light and Company of Heroes 2 - hope they (as a company) make it that far.

edit: Forgot about the upcoming Saints Row 4, another entertaining franchise in contrast to the GTA series.

austinwillis81

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011
Can't believe people are complaining about DLC on this bundle. You only have to spend $5.70 to get Saint Row an game that is worth $40 alone. Stop being so demanding when you are getting the good end of the deal by a mile.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
While I don't object to THQ and Humble Bundle working together since it helps charity as always with Humble Bundle. I do question why they would still call this bundle a "humble" one. It makes sense with the indie games because the developers are the small guys of indie games and actually humble.
They should have just called this the THQ Charitable Bundle.

Since I already own everything I will buy a few despite such for gifting family/friends giving 90% to charity and 10% to Humble Bundle tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.