THQ's Humble Bundle Surpassed 2 Million in 16 Hours

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Whatever bad management THQ has, at least they are not as shitty as EA/Activision. I give them a full support on this. If this is EA/Activision I would not even give a cent to them

G

i love this and paid around 15 and love the deal i got. THQ did it for Advertisment. I also gave humble bundle a nice tip because I support what they do. I hope more companies will partner up with humble bundle. big win for all in my opinion..

myromance123

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012
While this is definitely more awesome than anything EA/Activision/Blizzard would do, this is probably the beginning of the end for us Linux users. With it being this profitable, I wouldn't be surprised if HB starts thinking about ditching Linux support down the line if more big name companies start doing this. I really hope that it doesn't come down to this, but we all know how important money is...

pliskin1

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
I'll be buying at least one of these above average, with 90% going to THQ and 10% to Humble. THQ is one of the few publishers I still like as they always deliver fun, unique games.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
[citation][nom]myromance123[/nom]While this is definitely more awesome than anything EA/Activision/Blizzard would do, this is probably the beginning of the end for us Linux users. With it being this profitable, I wouldn't be surprised if HB starts thinking about ditching Linux support down the line if more big name companies start doing this. I really hope that it doesn't come down to this, but we all know how important money is...[/citation]cheaper games... Why not? if this can prove a huge sucess, I would love to see more old AAA titles goes in a bundle like this from other publishers.

of cos I would also like Humble to maintain their old business model, continue to sell cross platform and DRM free games.

catbus1

Distinguished
Feb 29, 2008
THQ treats their consumers like total balls and it's no surprise they'll be gone soon. I donated all towards charity because I would have never purchased this otherwise.

madjimms

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
I don't understand why everyone is complaining about the low average.

1:pay $1 per game
2:Have users pirating the game & the company gets $0 (neither does charity)

So I'd say the "Pay-what-You-Want" model is pretty damn good.

Status
Not open for further replies.