Three monitors on AMD Radeon 7570

cmcfalls2

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
Greetings,

I originally posted this in the Graphics Card forum but then I found the AMD forum so I thought I would ask here as well.

I am new to this forum but am hoping I can get an answer to a problem I am having.

I manage the media ministries at our church and our current setup is an HP Pavilion HPE h8-1250. It has an AMD Radeon 7570 video card installed. We have been running two monitors just fine; two Acer s231hl's, one through HDMI and another through DVI.

Recently we went through an AV upgrade that included the addition of a projector. In order to get it hooked up, we dropped down to one monitor (DVI) and used the HDMI output from the computer for the projector. Since the AMD 7570 has three outputs (HDMI, DVI, and Displayport) that left the Displayport available for use. Ideally, I would like to use two monitors and the projector as a third, one on each output. So, I ordered a displayport to HDMI adapter cable (this one here -> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B [...] 01_s00_i02 ).

However, using this cord I am only able to get two monitors working together; any combination of the two works fine. But, when I add the third monitor, I cannot get it to work. When I try to activate the third monitor I get an error message that says "Unable to save display settings." Windows recognizes that something is connected, but will not let me activate it.

I have updated my drivers and cannot get it to work. As I said, ANY combination of two work, but the projector HAS to use the HDMI output.

I Googled around and came across a thread here that mentioned using an Active Displayport adapter instead of a passive one (like this one http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com [...] rt+adapter )

I am not sure the need for an active adapter, but will this solver my problem?

cmcfalls2

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you're referring to. The video card or the adapter?

I'm just simply wanting to run 3 monitors, one of which is a projector.

cmcfalls2

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013

I have three. One HDMI (projector), one DVI (monitor 1), one Displayport (hopefully monitor 2, but will not work as a third monitor, and I'm thinking it's because of the "passive" Displayport to HDMI adapter I am using. It will work, but not if I am trying to run 3 monitors).

kitsunestarwind

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
Yes a 7750 Can run triple monitors- Simple answer there is Yes

But to do it you NEED an ACTIVE (not passive) Displayport adapter
If the adapter is not active you will not be able to run 3 outputs at once, This is the same for any triple screen config on any AMD card

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
The card can run three monitors (actually up to 4) but it just needs the device connected to the DisplayPort to either native have a DisplayPort, or be an active adapter. It will work with the proper adapter. I think the cheapest I've ever seen is around $15, but average closer to $30.

Dmacc

Honorable
Jun 12, 2013
I have the same gpu. Radeon HD 7570. It has 3 outputs - DVI/HDMI/Display Port.

I've heard this gpu can run up to 4 monitors. I would like to connect 3, but currently it will not.

It detects all 3 of my monitors, but will only let 2 work at a time.

My Current Setup:
Monitor 1 - DVI
Monitor 2 - HDMI
Monitor 3 - Display port to DVI

Should my display port be an adapter to VGA instead?

Like i said before my computer is detecting all 3 monitors, but it will only allow me to connect the 3rd if by disabling one of the others.

Any help would be appreciated

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011

Again, you have to make sure that the DisplayPort to xx adapter is Active. Most adapters are passive. Passive just changes the fit - making a square box fit in a round hole. Active actually changes the signal. If it doesn't specifically say on the cable, the package, or the documentation that the cable is an ACTIVE adapter, then it is passive and will not help in this situation.