Three Thermalright True Spirit Heat Sinks, Reviewed

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haswell has horrendous thermal conductivity. It runs way hotter with the same cooler and similar TDP.

flong777

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
Wow I cannot understand Toms Hardware. First the do a large CPU cooler review and leave out the Noctua NH-D14 and now they use an AMD CPU and have no other coolers in the test to compare.

How many enthusiasts are using AMD CPUs? Probably not many. Also what good is this article? It doesn't give us any means of comparison with other major coolers.

I really don't understand Tom's Hardware's logic.

jeffredo

Distinguished
I bought a Thermalright True Spirit 140 for the most part based on this article. So far its working quite well with a Phenom II X4 955 OC'd to 3.6 Ghz (its a C2 stepping - hot and not much OC headroom). My gaming temps have dropped about 10-13C in a badly ventilated ten year old Antec case. The fan completely clears the ram slots with standard height memory, but just barely. It also clears the side panel on the case, but also, just barely (the SLK3700AMB is a little over 8" wide). The hardware was pretty easy to install save for the fan. I spent more time wrestling with it than installing the heatsink. Whoever invented wire fan clips should be beaten severely. Still, its a very quiet, effective cooling solution and money well spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.