Thrustmaster Demos $45K Simulator Platform, New Headsets

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyboy999

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
I don't see how this is able to simulate 2 G's. The screens are fixed so the seat can't rotate or yaw too much. I found a video where it just looks like the seat jiggles a little.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]billyboy999[/nom]I don't see how this is able to simulate 2 G's. The screens are fixed so the seat can't rotate or yaw too much. I found a video where it just looks like the seat jiggles a little.[/citation]
It's not the G force they can produce, it's the duration of that force which is the problem. They can only do short transients, unlike a car going around a curve at high speeds.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
For a measley 10g's more you could have a Force Dynamic's 401 Driving Simulator - the ultimate driving seat (this thing isn't even in the same state)... OR you could pick up an Ariel Atom or a Catterham and have about 100x more fun than EITHER.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
I was going to make a comment about eyefininty, bezels, 46,000 etc. but it actually didn't turn out that bad. The bezels are rather thin and probably wouldn't draw the eye too much.

This would work all too well with the Oculus Rift, though, i'm sure.

catswold

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
[citation][nom]Wolley74[/nom]Thrustmaster, why have you abandoned the flight sims[/citation]
You missed the joystick in the first picture, behind the arm of the girl in the chair. Apparently it will do flight sims as well.

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
45k, phew. You could buy a half decent car and take it out on track days for that kind of money. The only good side about it is if you ding the car in simulator you don`t have to drag it to the body shop for a repair.

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
QUite obviously this isn't for the average consumer in the least bit. Anyone who can afford to spend money on this likely already has a sports car of some sort which they love. And FYI, I don't believe the Ariel Atom or Catterham are street legal in the states, so aside from finding a track nearby to tow them to, you'd have to get ready to shell out on some traffic tickets. But, again, if you've got the cash for those cars you probably aren't wanting for money for a traffic citation.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]kikireeki[/nom]With that amount of money, I'd rather buy a real sports car![/citation]

but you couldn't race it... that takes skill and probably killing a few real cars before you are good.

-------------------

that said, its going to be sad how all the immersion that these give wont be able to trump what the oculus rift does at about 300$

sure you wont get bumps, but you will feel more immersed.

cpy

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2004
I don't know any good thrustmaster product, all i hear is don't buy stuff from thrustmaster and get logitech instead, so i think even if i had enough money to afford this, i still wouldn't buy it.

contrasia

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012
not worth $45k. It's nothing more than an interesting project to see, but not even an enthusiast with money to spend is going to spend $45k for that. The price would drop considerably if you took away the monitors, and their stands (Replace it with the Occulus).

To top it off it's incomplete. What's the point in the chair, and the screens, if you have no simulator-like shell to encompass it all. When it's open like that, it ruins the immersion and experience. It's half-done.

sna

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010
[citation][nom]cpy[/nom]I don't know any good thrustmaster product, all i hear is don't buy stuff from thrustmaster and get logitech instead, so i think even if i had enough money to afford this, i still wouldn't buy it.[/citation]

thrustmaster were no1 for flight simulators ... no one ever defeated their controllers for flight simulators like 10-20 years ago ...

those days there was tons of flight simulators games .. sadly today , no one is making flight simulators anymore ... not a competition like b4 .. and no 3D engine design just for Flight simulators ..

Fokissed

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
[citation][nom]drosencraft[/nom]QUite obviously this isn't for the average consumer in the least bit. Anyone who can afford to spend money on this likely already has a sports car of some sort which they love. And FYI, I don't believe the Ariel Atom or Catterham are street legal in the states, so aside from finding a track nearby to tow them to, you'd have to get ready to shell out on some traffic tickets. But, again, if you've got the cash for those cars you probably aren't wanting for money for a traffic citation.[/citation]
While I can't speak for Catterham cars, the Ariel Atom is definitely street legal in EU/NA.

f-14

Distinguished
driving video game or the real deal hmmm?
a dodge charger:
Charger SRT8®
$45,995Starting MSRP*
Includes everything on R/T Max, plus these differences: +
470-hp 6.4L SRT8® HEMI® V8 with Fuel Saver Technology + +
New three-mode Adaptive Damping Suspension
Red Brembo brake calipers
Standard launch control for improved straight-line acceleration
20-inch SRT® design forged aluminum wheels +
Exclusive High-Gloss Black Dodge crosshair grille
Signature SRT badging
Performance-sculpted hood with air exhauster
SRT-exclusive leather-wrapped, heated steering wheel with unique satin chrome rim and a flattened bottom surface
Steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters
Unique Nappa leather-trimmed front seats with SRT-embroidered seatbacks and aggressive bolstering to help â??gripâ?? the driver and passengers
Heated rear seats
Uconnect® 8.4N System with 8.4-inch touchscreen and Navigation +
Full-color graphic Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) with exclusive Performance Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.