moparman390

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2006
I know this could be a thread in the games section too, but it's most at home here as video card topic.

Recently I hosted a LAN party. I set up my old system (Athlon XP2500+, 1GB 333MHz, Leadtek GeForce 4 Ti 4200 128MB) for a friend to use (his computer is a 900MHz T-bird :? ). Not the best but acceptable for the night, or so I thought. We were running BF1942 and BFV most of the night. I thought that it would at least be able to run the game on the minium settings. It ran well, the only problem was it couldn't draw the buildings. The walls, floors and roofs would not render, the signs on top, people inside and such would be there, just no buildings. My question is, should that Ti 4200 be able to handle BF1942 and BFV? If yes, it must be some other type of problem, it could need the latest drivers (I don't use that computer anymore so I know those are out of date), maybe I will reinstall the game before the next LAN party. If no, I'll just go out and get something like a Geforce FX5500, or if that can't run it, Geforce 6600 to throw in there to make it work for the next LAN party so I have a spare machine for someone to use.

Side note - My friends and I like BF1942 and BFV for the historical context, so I don't want a bunch of "Dude you should play BF2" stuff here.

mennovh

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
4200 should be able to run BF1 jsut fine, that what i used to use.
update your drivers, you would be suprised at how much old drivers can mess up a game

Ian

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2004
I had basically the exact same system and ran the game on like high settings 1280x1024, just turn off aa and af. Sounds like a driver problem, just go download the newest drivers and install them before you reinstall the game.

-Ian