Tim Cook to Staff: Apple is Not Going to Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
So apple intend to continue to battle superior products in court with patent warfare rather than better products and true innovations. Amazing!

He looks like a pre-owned car-salesman much like Steve, perhaps he can fool people into buying medicre hardware for premium prices too and believing they got the deal of their lives - time will tell!

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
Apple Rules Of Success:

A) Keep the design sleek/elegant.
B) Keep the user interface as simple as possible (trust your User Interface Engineers)
C) Keep the synergy between products as much as possible
D) Rabidly patent inventions and make sure to police them with fervor.
E) Keep the software royalties flowing...

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011

Fixed.

G

Hes still part of the company, just not CEO. Things will be awkward, but I don't see Apple going down anytime soon (as much as it irks me to say).

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Thus begins apple's decline...

Apple deserves to be in the ranks of a good French perfume manufacturer or a good jewelry maker, not as a company manufacturing devices for an interconnected world. Apple signals the decline of freedom and the closing of technological advancement in America, unless it goes under. It is for this reason that I will celebrate the fall of Apple if it comes. People have to regain freedom from the drm straitjacketing of hardware that Apple stands for. We must continue to pursue open standards that advance the knowledge of the people, not standards that dumb them down and try to rob them of their money, which is what Apple stands for.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Corrected:

Apple deserves to be in the ranks of a good French perfume manufacturer or a good jewelry maker, not the ranks of top companies manufacturing devices for an interconnected world. Apple signals the decline of freedom and the closing of technological advancement in America, unless it goes under. It is for this reason that I will celebrate the fall of Apple if it comes. People have to regain freedom from Apple's drm straitjacketing of hardware. We must continue to pursue open standards that advance the knowledge of the people, not standards that dumb them down and try to rob them of their money, which is what Apple stands for.

Hey del, im not sure if your aware of it but there is a way to correct posts/comments without having to make multiple posts of nearly the same thing. ;)

guidepic.png

guidepics.png

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
I wish HP still had one or more of the Hewlett and or Packard family in charge of it, maybe they wouldn't be throwing away almost a century of hardware innovation just because some twit fired from SAP (Leo Apotheker had a whim and the board was stpid enough to hire his dumb ass .
HP NEEDS TO FIRE THE BoD and this assinine CEO Leo Apotheker!

lesz422

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
again comments that Apple dont have a clue or just make and design bad products? yet cannot accout on apple being rather cash rich in a recession

massive sells,good turn over and profit

yet some on here, say thats not enough? maybe they should ask HP to make a nice bit of kit....

jj463rd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
I think it's important for Apple to help keep Steve Jobs alive as long as possible.Maybe the method If We Can Keep a Severed Head Alive...Discorporation and U.S. Patent 4,666,425 or a full head transplant on another Human Body or an Isolated Brain hooked up by computers.
You know something like that cartoon Futurama
Having Steve Jobs die would be bad for Apple so they should keep him alive any way possible.

aaronyo

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2010
How did Tom's get to be a site with some of the most consistent and most banal Apple bashing on the web? @Tom's editors, why no response ever to the stream of comment garbage that appears on your site? Satisfied with these contributors? Enjoy writing for them?

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011

Satisfied. Tom's HARDWARE, mind you. Apple's hardware is inferior and costs much more; so of course we'll bash it, just like any other useless hardware. What, do you suggest we support Apple and its ripping-off techniques? Just because this site has a Mac OS forum doesn't mean people here support Apple a lot... quite the opposite, in fact. And it's deserved. I think you're in the wrong place.

BTW, to Apple: nice work pissing everyone off with patent trolling and lame show-off. When I joined that site a few months back, any anti-Apple comment would be thumbed down to a least -10; the situation has reversed now. I think it just *MIGHT* have something to do with what Apple has been up to for the las few months? So, as I said, it's well-deserved.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]lesz422[/nom]again comments that Apple dont have a clue or just make and design bad products? yet cannot accout on apple being rather cash rich in a recessionmassive sells,good turn over and profityet some on here, say thats not enough? maybe they should ask HP to make a nice bit of kit....[/citation]

apple sells you a lifestyle based on lies and deception.
you look cool with an ipod, the main reason it was so desirable, that and itunes...
people, and i sware to god, real people i know, have said that an apple computer is better than a cheaper computer built for gaming, because "it was more expensive, and thus has to be better" and yet, all they do is use email...

apple takes advantage of the stupid and the trendy to give them something that looks cool, and to hell if even functions right (see iphone 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.