Question Time changes itself to awkward values

The Electro Machine

Commendable
BANNED
Jan 28, 2021
I have sometimes this problem, that [apparently] after a cooldown [like after machine being turned off for a night] the time in my system can change itself from like 13:05 to 00:25 or from 11:00 to 02:50

Long story short:
  • I never had this problem on this motherboard, which is Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra rev. 1.2 F30 although I have been experiencing various problem with this piece of hardware
  • I never had this problem on this system, which is Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2 19042.746 x64
  • my various updates have been blocked and I have total control over them I
  • I recently replaced my CPU for AMD Ryzen 7 5800X and shortly after I replaced my RAM for G.Skill Flare X DDR4 DIMM 3200 MHz CL14 32 GB (4X8) [F4-3200C14Q-32GFX]
  • the date does not change only time and after deselecting the Set time automatically option and turning it back on the time goes back to normal
  • the time [if I am not mistaken always] does not change by a full hour [i.e. to a different time zone] but also by some minutes
  • for the time being such change has not yet happened after just an ordinary / quick reset
  • after this hardware upgrade I have also been experiencing a problem of RGB lighting changing itself in BIOS to being turned on [but also not after just a quick reset]

So my questions would be:
A] Is it possible that the culprit is the mobo battery, loosing it juices just after 2 short years?
B] Should I just restore form an image my system as most likely some system files got damaged on my C drive?
C] Can a faulty CPU affect system settings of time [and date]?
D] Can a faulty RAM affect system settings of time [and date]?
E] Could it be that it this the BIOS or motherboard starting to fall apart?

I have already replaced my new RAM with the old one - but it will take days to test theory from point D and then confirm it by using once more the new RAM. But the issue with it is that i have just few days left when I can return this new RAM to the vendor for a full and quick refund

I have sometimes this problem, that [apparently] after a cooldown [like after machine being turned off for a night] the time in my system can change itself from like 13:05 to 00:25 or from 11:00 to 02:50

Long story short:
  • I never had this problem on this motherboard, which is Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra rev. 1.2 F30 although I have been experiencing various problem with this piece of hardware
  • I never had this problem on this system, which is Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2 19042.746 x64
  • my various updates have been blocked and I have total control over them I
  • I recently replaced my CPU for AMD Ryzen 7 5800X and shortly after I replaced my RAM for G.Skill Flare X DDR4 DIMM 3200 MHz CL14 32 GB (4X8) [F4-3200C14Q-32GFX]
  • the date does not change only time and after deselecting the Set time automatically option and turning it back on the time goes back to normal
  • the time [if I am not mistaken always] does not change by a full hour [i.e. to a different time zone] but also by some minutes
  • for the time being such change has not yet happened after just an ordinary / quick reset
  • after this hardware upgrade I have also been experiencing a problem of RGB lighting changing itself in BIOS to being turned on [but also not after just a quick reset]
So my questions would be:
A] Is it possible that the culprit is the mobo battery, loosing it juices just after 2 short years?
B] Should I just restore form an image my system as most likely some system files got damaged on my C drive?
C] Can a faulty CPU affect system settings of time [and date]?
D] Can a faulty RAM affect system settings of time [and date]?
E] Could it be that it this the BIOS or motherboard starting to fall apart?

I have already replaced my new RAM with the old one - but it will take days to test theory from point D and then confirm it by using once more the new RAM. But the issue with it is that i have just few days left when I can return this new RAM to the vendor for a full and quick refund
Just to get it out of the mix replace the bios bat.......it's cheap.

TRENDING THREADS