Question Tips for seemingly dead motherboard

Kankkunen

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2014
So I just ordered new bundle that was on sale, Mobo Asus tuf gaming b650-plus, Ryzen 7 7800x3d and 32gb of Kingston fury ddr5. From old setup I have rtx 3080 and Corsair 650w 80plus white psu. Now that I put everything together there is no sign of life at all. Not single led or anything lights up. Only my keyboard lights up if plugged in and the flash bios led when I updated it. Never had this kind of problem before. Any ideas welcome

So far I've tried:
Taking everything out and back in
No gpu installed
Resetting CMOS
Updated bios with flash
Only 1 ram stick(tried both individually)

Got nobody with am5 platform that I could test the Mobo/cpu

Lutfij

Titan
Corsair 650w 80plus white
Corsair have a number of PSU's in their portfolio, which 650W unit do you have? How old is this unit?

Rams should go into slots A2 and B2. If you want to try just one stick of ram, populate slot A2. Check to see if any pins on your socket are broken or bent. How are you cooling the processor?

Resetting CMOS
In order to clear the CMOS, disconnect from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery, press and hold down the power button for 30secs to drain any residual power, then replace the battery after 30mins.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Eeek, if it's a Corsair 80 Plus Standard PSU, it has no business ever even being turned on in this machine. It's going to slow things down, but you can't even diagnose a problem with this PSU (and hopefully it didn't cause a problem as this is a completely inappropriate PSU pairing).

Kankkunen

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2014
Corsair 650w 80plus white
Corsair have a number of PSU's in their portfolio, which 650W unit do you have? How old is this unit?

Rams should go into slots A2 and B2. If you want to try just one stick of ram, populate slot A2. Check to see if any pins on your socket are broken or bent. How are you cooling the processor?

Resetting CMOS
In order to clear the CMOS, disconnect from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery, press and hold down the power button for 30secs to drain any residual power, then replace the battery after 30mins.
Sorry, Vs650 is the model. For cooling I have artic freezer 34. Visually I can see no bends

Kankkunen

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2014
Eeek, if it's a Corsair 80 Plus Standard PSU, it has no business ever even being turned on in this machine. It's going to slow things down, but you can't even diagnose a problem with this PSU (and hopefully it didn't cause a problem as this is a completely inappropriate PSU pairing).
Would you have recommendations? I was thinking psu upgrade was not needed yet but later with gpu upgrade (most likely 5000 series but no idea yet how much power they need). Could this combo have destroy components or is it just not enough power. Also no idea but i would think at least some leds would light up when connecting power and only ram, cpu and motherboard is connected

Last edited: