To Right the Wrongs of a Budget Build

The prime mediocre

Distinguished
Hey, everyone,
I'm upgrading my gaming/blender rendering rig. It's in a pretty lowly stance at the moment, with a noisy case, poor CPU, and AMD graphics, which are difficult to use blender with.

Here it is: http://

I need: a quieter case, a CPU with more threads, and a midrange Nvidia GPU. My budget is about $450.

This is what I'm getting: http://
I plan to buy the CPU and Case later this month, and the GPU in November, to try and catch lower priced GTX 760s or new 960s.

My question for you all: will I hit any major problems with this configuration? Can I do any better?
Thanks.

Solution
HDD read and writes are always the slowest data transfer in a computer . By using two neither has data flowing in two directions so the system can run faster . But this might not be an issue for you anyway .

It sounds like you are on the right track with your upgrade
What is your RAM usage like?
RAM is likely to be your next best upgrade after the processor . You only have two slots so you'd need to replace what you have with 2 x 8 gig sticks .
And maybe a basic quaddro , or 750 ti
And another hard drive so you work from one and output to the second

The prime mediocre

Distinguished

My RAM usage is quite low. I don't do incredibly complex stuff in Blender, so I really only need a GPU to render instead of my butt-slow Pentium. Would you expect my HDD to bottleneck?
Also, I'd like a GPU that's faster than my HD 7790. The 750 Ti is great for blender, but the same performance in games. I pretty much do 70% gaming and 30% Blender, as a hobby.

HDD read and writes are always the slowest data transfer in a computer . By using two neither has data flowing in two directions so the system can run faster . But this might not be an issue for you anyway .

It sounds like you are on the right track with your upgrade

Solution

The prime mediocre

Distinguished

Wow, seems so logical, but I never knew that. Thanks! I actually have an extra 1TB drive in an old build, but haven't transferred it because I didn't need the space, and it would be pretty loud on the Core 1000's drive mounts.