Tomb Raider: Underworld (PC DVD) can play on w7, 64 bit

mike78emm

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2011
can i play this game on windows 7, 64 ram? I ve tried several games, but cannot play on 64 bit environment, although on vista 32 bit works fine. Please give answers.

I am finding stuff that doesn't play in Vista 64 bit WILL play in Windows 7 64 bit. I don't know about that one though ( I played it on the PS3 ), but if the box says it will run in Vista 64 Bit, than in all likelyhood it will run in Windows 7. In both Vista 64 Bit and Windows 7 64 Bit, you actually have two set of files, x86 ( 32 bit ) and x64 ( 64 bit ). If the game is written to x86 ( and it is ), it be installed in the x86 folder and run from there. I just got Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 yesterday. Mass Effect didn't run in Windows 7 but ME2 did. I will try Mass Effect in Vista later ( I also have an XP machine that I know it will run in ).

55Range

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010

For ME 1 to work on windows 7 you need the patch. Both work very well on my x64 win 7.

Yeah, I had the same issues with Vista. When I clicked to check online, that is what came up. Some kind of crazy copy protection scheme and you are also limited to the number of installs. I have played a little of ME2 and now ME after I got it running. Just wish I had them on the same OS. I am dual Booting Vista & Windows 7 and I have ME in Vista and ME2 in Windows 7.