[TOME] Major Macro Problem

on Fedora Core 3, I'm using the 2.3.1 source, compiled with
makefile.std, unedited. I'm running tome with the command src/tome from
the basedir (no make install). everything works like a dream, and I'm
quickly hooked. after a bit, I tried a magic-user, but the spells are
quite key-intensive, so after quickly reading thru the docs, I enter
the following command to try out the recorder: $\s\s\smbaa*t$ it asks
if I want to save the macro, I hit 'y'. it shows Trigger: for a second,
but before I hit another key, it says it's saved, and tells me how to
save it permly. the game is then frozen, and no commands do anything,
exept enter and ESC clear the message, and I have to alt-f4 to kill the
program. simmiler hijinks happen when I try to make the macro via the
'@' menu, and select make a new macro, which hilights the macro line,
but refuses to let me do anything exept ESC out of the macro maker and
ESC again out of the '@' menu, back to the frozen game. any help would
be gratefully accepted!
P.S. anyone thinking of offering RPMs and binaries of tome?

well, I can make macros now, and everything is nice, with the exeption
of some symbols which should be #, are, well, hilighted tiles of
color... and those extra windows... I've been trying to make them
appear before, only... not so many of them...

*sigh* somehow the macroing has died again, and refuses to work again.
If I try to create a macro with @4, it puts ^^ into the trigger, and
ignores what I do... ><

http://posband.earthsea.org/misc/tome-2.3.1-1.i386.rpm

--
Alexander Ulyanov, maintainer of PosBand roguelike
E-mail: posband_AT_earthsea_DOT_org Web: http://posband.earthsea.org/

I've recorded macros many times, and never had it freeze.

Anyway, the best way to do those is with the @ feature. As an
example, see this excerpt of my Sorceror preference file:

A:m@Cast\sa\sspell\n@Sense\sMonsters\n
P:\[alt-F]

A:m@Cast\sa\sspell\n@Dig\n
P:\[alt-A]

A:m@Cast\sa\sspell\n@Identify\n
P:\[alt-I]

A:m@Cast\sa\sspell\n@Vision\n
P:\[alt-D]

A:m@Cast\sa\sspell\n@Essence\sof\sSpeed\n
P:\[alt-S]

A:m@Cast\sa\sspell\n@Sense\sHidden\n
P:\[alt-E]

A:m@Cast\sa\sspell\n@Ent's\sPotion\n
P:\[alt-R]

A:m@Cast\sa\sspell\n@Healing\n
P:\[alt-H]

A:m@Cast\sa\sspell\n@Fireflash\n*.
P:\[alt-J]

--
Neil Stevens - neil@hakubi.us

'A republic, if you can keep it.' -- Benjamin Franklin

Irashtar@gmail.com wrote:
> any help would be gratefully accepted!

I experienced that also.

My solution was to change the makefile to compile a gtk-based ToME.

Peter