Tom's Guide: 15 Gmail Tips and Plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanen

Honorable
May 27, 2013
All of the internal features were known to me, even though I would not regard myself as a power user, and Boomerang (scheduling future email) is the only one that I actually want--but the description made it sound inapplicable to my main purpose. I don't want to send early morning email to people with smartphones that might wake them at 3 o'clock in the morning. That calls for a high degree of integration with Gmail, is a feature the google has claimed they are considering, and therefore something that will almost surely break Boomerang if it is ever implemented properly (from the inside).
However, NONE of these suggestions came remotely close to addressing my main concern. The #1 problem with email remains the same as it ever was: SPAM. Cosmetics and tweaks are trivial distractions. I want a powerful anti-spammer tool that would allow me to donate a bit of my time towards breaking the spammers' business models. I want to disrupt ALL of the spammers' infrastructure and pursue ALL of the spammers' accomplices. I don't really care about the spammers' corporate victims, but I'm quite interested in helping and protecting the helpless innocents--like YOUR children.
I believe that the google could offer us such tools, something like SpamCop on steroids. I even believe that it would improve the value of Gmail for the google in particular and the value of the entire Internet for everyone.in general. Why doesn't the google do it? I have been forced to conclude they have become too EVIL to care.

Status
Not open for further replies.