Tom's Guide: 45 Free and Useful Windows Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustAnotherNoob

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2007
Well, what do you expect when an article is just a repost...
Check out the comments inside the story, the first are a year old, then this article was reposted as "new" a few months ago. And now it is sold as "new" for the third time. They didn't even bother to check if the recommendations are still valid/usefull.
Anyone know any good tech sites with real news?

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]JustAnotherNoob[/nom]They didn't even bother to check if the recommendations are still valid/usefull. Anyone know any good tech sites with real news?[/citation]

Yes, all the recommendations are still valid and useful. I use many applications on this list. Want some real news? Try this

[citation][nom]JustAnotherNoob[/nom]Well, what do you expect when an article is just a repost...Check out the comments inside the story, the first are a year old, then this article was reposted as "new" a few months ago. And now it is sold as "new" for the third time. They didn't even bother to check if the recommendations are still valid/usefull. Anyone know any good tech sites with real news?[/citation]
An article like this doesn't have to be new to be posted. It is useful information for those who may have not seen it before.

EDIT: sorry killerclick, I had the wrong quote.

Graham_71

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010
I would recommend the following

comodo dragon (Google Chrome) with added security
comodo ice dragon (Firefox) with added security
comodo internet security
Synchredible
classic shell
Pegasus Mail
PeaZip
oovoo