Tom's Hardware AMA With Asus: The Recap

Status
Not open for further replies.

atwspoon

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013
Oh stoof. There are always cracks in the system, but I personally have bought ASUS products for the past 5 years with no NEED for rma. two motherboards, a monitor, a soundcard, a bluray drive, is there anything ASUS does not sell? top quality brand has no practice with rma because they don't need it eh?

TechnoD

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
Really liked this AMA, read through/been in quite a few over the last year and I feel like they Asus rep's did a good job with valuable responses; not just spewing canned lines corporate gave them.

norseman4

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
A. Our upcoming MG series monitor will offer an in place switching panel at 120 to 144 Hz. Stay tuned... Resolution will be 2560 x 1440.
;;;
in AdaptiveSync ... yes please. QHD + IPS + AS = Win. (Long term)

kenjitamura

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
A. Our upcoming MG series monitor will offer an in place switching panel at 120 to 144 Hz. Stay tuned... Resolution will be 2560 x 1440.
;;;
in AdaptiveSync ... yes please. QHD + IPS + AS = Win. (Long term)

I'm waiting for this specific combination: IPS + AS + QD(Quantum Dots). Quantum Dots increase the number of colors achievable on an IPS monitor by 30% according to LG.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
and NOBODY ask why Asus does not release Sabertooth reliability version of GPU... sigh...... i mean if we to have spend $500-600 a GPU a Sabertooth component would be nice to have.

hst101rox

Reputable
Aug 28, 2014
I still don't like how they dodged my socketed vs soldered CPU question regarding their gaming laptops. They didn't really say why they switched from socketed to soldered with the G75 (socketed) laptop to the G750 (soldered) and G751 (soldered). The G750 weighs more than the G75.
I think it's pressure from Intel and they won't fight it.

Why is your rma policy so terrible? This is the only question I wanted answered.
Actually that is a quite valid question. I have has horrible RMA experience with ASUS which has deffinitely inffluenced my buying decisions.

The other question I would have is why there are so few monitors with Display port. Especially higher end monitiors, such as IPS. Most video cards are equipped with Displayport, in fact this is the easiest way to support mulitmonitor setups.

I love ASUS monitors and would be willing to buy more, but the lack of Dsiplayport is cery disappointing. So if you want to sell more monitors, especially the more expensive ones, why not include it>

Shin-san

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
I actually heard Dr. Seuss's name is Americanized as "Soohs". The original pronunciation was either "Soice" or "Zoice". I might pronounce it as "ahZoice"

stoned_ritual

Reputable
Dec 23, 2014
I went through 3 maximus v gene boards before I gave up on the entire "gaming" marketing scheme. Be wary of products labeled "gaming", as it's usually just their attempt at putting lipstick on a pig.

Status
Not open for further replies.