Tom's Hardware Ask Me Anything - Patriot Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

joaompp

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
Are you planning on expanding your storage solutions into the mobile market (in terms of being a provider of RAM for ODMs)? What about expanding to SSDs? Finally what is patriot doing to keep ahead of its competition?

By the way I loved the first gen gauntlet.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Ive always been under the impression that heat spreaders on system ram were, for the most part at least, not all they were cracked up to be. A lot of them are put on with double sided tape and actually increase heat rather than decrease it. Is that true and are there any plans to improve their use that doesnt involve pointy heat sink fins stabbing me in the fingers?

Hexicon

Honorable
May 26, 2013
Is DDR4 memory the only thing to be looking foward to in replaceing ddr3 memory ? a few other types of memory have poped up over the years and id like to know if there is an alternative to the seemingly slight improvement of the DDR series memory ? it saddens me to know that if cutting my latencies in half would be a better solution for my need for speed if my system wouldnt fail or getting a quad channel capable rig. i know lowering energy costs is the argument for the "improvement" but seems negligible compared to the computer system as a whole and simply having a much higher energy efficient PSU.

Hexicon

Honorable
May 26, 2013
Is DDR4 memory the only thing to be looking foward to in replaceing ddr3 memory ? a few other types of memory have poped up over the years and id like to know if there is an alternative to the seemingly slight improvement of the DDR series memory ? it saddens me to know that if cutting my latencies in half would be a better solution for my need for speed if my system wouldnt fail or getting a quad channel capable rig. i know lowering energy costs is the argument for the "improvement" but seems negligible compared to the computer system as a whole and simply having a much higher energy efficient PSU.

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
Will you have 16 GBytes (or even 32 GB) memory modules soon? I would love to populate my system with 4x16GB sticks to get a total of 64 GBytes of ram.

lp231

Splendid
Patriot Memory AMA didn't even start yet. It starts on Sept 11 2013, that's Sept 11 on the Western side of the globe. Anyone who lives a day ahead will have to wait. Please be patient as the other side is still a day behind. Looking at the profiles of those who already posted, it seems most are from the US. Did anyone forgot which side of the globe they're on?! :pt1cable:
Also this thread is not the AMA, AMA is here
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-1796066/official-patriot-memory-representatives.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS