Tom's Hardware Giveaway - Fallout 4!

Page 18 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

earlilano

Reputable
Nov 11, 2015
I will overthrow the current leadership and take over and brainwash everyone in the vault and will start a cult that will follow whatever I want.

alberthrocks

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013
I would look around for a bit... then go back to sleep. That's the only way to win the game.

Seriously, you survived 2277 - 2015 = 262 years without doing anything. You can make it for another 262. Maybe a fellow human will have fixed up the world, and you'll be good to go!

That fellow human will have gone out in the world, gathered food and supplies, and started to build a collective civilization. Maybe some science (TM) would have been created to eliminate radiation (is that possible?), maybe some awesome de-radiated crops, etc.

But of course, Jerry just had to eat a radiation-filled burger, and now it's zombie-land. Probably sleep around 262 years more to avoid being "Left 4 Dead"...

DragosHere

Reputable
Nov 11, 2015
Well, I'd just grab my trusty vault boy puppet, mount Mr. Pinch and go out and explore the world, after all, even though it's hot, I'm not really a snow person...

warendedtoday

Reputable
Nov 11, 2015
Upon ascending out of the Phoenix Arizona vault I would head straight to get a nice tan. Because I'd be pretty pale being in a vault for my whole entire life.
After that I'd find a nice cold brew and comb the city for some materials and tools to make it too some national parks. I'd have to hit all the national parks. Cause regardless they are a sight to see. And imagine how different they might be now.

RioAmaterasu

Reputable
Aug 31, 2015
Easy.. Look around, gather information about basic stuff, like food, shelter, way of living and of course.... specially if Tom's Hardware means something to the new world? :)

buckenator83

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2008
First, make sure I'm not in some virtual reality simulation in vault 112.

2nd, find myself a dog. Life in the post-apocalyptic wasteland is so much nicer with Dogmeat for companionship.

3rd, find a shotgun and plenty of shells.

4th, explore and survive.

Imaya

Reputable
Nov 25, 2014
Get a drink for myself and the nearest ghoul. I am sure the vault ran out ages ago, and every ghoul needs a drink.

Vivacious Donut

Reputable
Apr 22, 2015
If I were just emerging from a vault into the real world, I would...
I would step outside, and for the first time feel the sun on my face. I would smile, and take a deep breath of the fresh, radioactive air. I would drop whatever crude weapon I had acquired and and walk out into the world. I would stand there, with my eyes closed, breathing the fresh air and feeling the warm sun on my face. Slowly, I would sink to my knees and feel the ground, the warm ground I had never known from my time in the vault. I would smile, stand up, and begin to run through the grass. And as I froliced through the wilderness, I would hear a noise. I would smile, and turn around to see whatever new wonders this strange world had and-
Be brutally murdered by a deathclaw. Because I was too busy frolicing to remember to defend myself.

Gigomeme

Reputable
Nov 11, 2015
I would go find anyone willing to hear jokes about living in a vault that they could not possibly get.. basically just to annoy people

kirune

Reputable
Jul 20, 2015
I guess I should check for any Ark survivor on the borderlands, beyond the wasteland. While hoping that nobody is stalking mr from Chernobyl, look out for Max (the mad one) and then team up for a big party.
Imperative to bake a cake, just in case everything is a LIE! (including the cake)

andren3000

Reputable
Jul 11, 2015
Well the cops would probably be outside after I had broken into a bank vault and acquired some currency. Then I would go out blazing as I take out all who oppose me, and then steal the lambo waiting just outside as I ride into the sunset.

SherbetAddict

Reputable
May 18, 2015

I have to say, that was better than any book I've read in the past 6 months.

MountainFlip

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2005
I would make the journey to the Spam capital in Austin, MN for supplies. Then, I would make my way to a great lake, find an abandoned sailboat, fix it up, and become a pirate

Morrigan42

Reputable
Nov 12, 2015
I would stand the the exit of the vault and be so overwhelmed and blind that I would be able to do anything but be a drooling blind fool.....than die from a deathclaw seeing me as lunch.

Dane_tush

Reputable
Oct 20, 2014
Step 1. Pull out PipBoy
Step 2. Consult Tom's Hardware forums for the amswer on how to overclock said PipBoy.
Step 4. Get yelled at for accidentally posting in the wrong category(be sure to post in the overclocking category and not the "How to survive a nuclear fallout" category, my bad).
Step 5. Proceed to overclock.
Step 6. Laugh at Deathclaw for being a console peasant.
Step 7. Build statue of Lord GabeN out of bottle caps.
Step 8. PCMASTERRACE.

krclark

Reputable
Nov 12, 2015
Look for high ground so I can get a good feel for potential locations of safety, resources, danger, etc.

Next, scavenge for anything (and everything) that can help me survive out there.

(Of course this all probably comes after a good long [strike]cry[/strike] reflection at seeing what became of our once great civilization)

Status
Not open for further replies.