Tom's Hardware Member System Gallery

Page 113 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

this may sound stupid but i think Bitfenix makes some decent cases.i have dealt with shinobi and shinobi xl and they are quite easy to work with and spacious too.the build quality is great and plenty of space available for cable hiding and multi-gpu setups.so,bitfenix has my thumps up ;)

nstiver

Honorable
Mar 18, 2012

The Corolla is a chick-magnet. I have a 2003 and they just wont leave me alone. The car just oozes testosterone.
NFL spam for me too-it moves around when I try to close it. Going back on topic now.

peter_4059

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
Got the graphics card today so time for some photos. The parts list is:

ASRock Z77 Extreme6 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
Saphire 7870 GHz Edition OC GPU
Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
OCZ Vertex 4 128GB SSD
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Cooler Master HAF X ATX Full Tower Case
Corsair Professional Gold 750W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply
Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit)

images to follow...

peter_4059

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
ok - had another go at uploading images - here goes...

IMG_4541.jpg
[/img]

IMG_4543.jpg
[/img]

IMG_4544.jpg
[/img]

IMG_4552.jpg
[/img]

silveralien81

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011

It looks good in a functional (won't mess with air flow) way. But is far, far from the OCD cable management style of Moto and others. ;)

silveralien81

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011

That's no reason not to post pics of your rig. Besides, they are usually very polite about telling people their opinions on builds.

Yup, As well as having a go for your cables, I will actually try to help you improve them (So I don't just come across as an OCD Monster hehe)
If you start up a thread and link it in here we can advise you more, instead of filling the gallery up with wirebased madness :) (I'm pretty sure I've posted a ton of stuff in this gallery already on the subject though)
Like the X has a cpu cutout at the back yes? so use that to feed the 8pin Cpu plug through, it folds over the top of the mobo neatly rather than trailing a few inches in view from the top, creative routing often tidies things up massively
and Silveralien and Flint are both bang on, If you post in a 'showoff' gallery then you WILL get folks picking, thats the nature of the beast, but decent folks will also try to help you out,
Don't not post, have things reasonably tidy and be prepared for some criticism, the Rig you poured 850 hours into lovingly may not be everyone elses cup of tea,
but its yours, you built it and you have a right to be proud of your work :)
Moto

Robi_g

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
I find electrical tape works nicely to sleeve cables, just make sure they're straight when you do it and don't try to heat wrap the tape to the cables else you just swallow a load of fumes and everything melts and it really isn't pleasant

Well...I decided to re-wire my case as well as colour in some of my PSU cables black :lol: They were getting on my nerves whenever I took a peek inside!

DSCF0775.jpg

Now that I look at the picture of how my rig looks, I noticed my front audio connector :pfff: I'll have to get to that later...

AbdullahG

Distinguished
Great color scheme and build (the PSU is a bit of an eye-sore :p, but reliability comes first)!

The tubes seem a little too close to the GPU. I would curl them up or elevate them a little.